New Hybrid Aeroponics system called The Nivek Effect

StealthtireGr

Hey Guys first let me start by saying this is a Design Study, and I do not have a way to test this idea, I am putting this information/Idea out there so hopefully I can help someone with the EFi Knowledge part so they can build and test it!

And many thanks in advance to "OBX Gardner" for his current Grow was part of the inspiration for this set-up.

The "Basic Idea" is to give only the correct amount of Oxygen/nute solution that the plants needs to thrive, with 0 waste! The Idea is Simple, execution is always the hard part, but hopefully this idea will solve all the trade-offs of the different types of Hydroponics systems out there. Remember it's called the "Nivek Effect" and I will explain the name later, if we can get it up and running to see it's effectiveness.

Again we want to Grow faster without the effects below!
1. No wasted water
2. No wasted Nutes
3. No change in PH
4. No Reservoir Temp issues
5. No Clogged Nozzles

We also get:
1. Increased Air Movement in the root system
2. Increased Humidity in root system as it's sealed
3. Increased/Adjustable Tap Root Length
4. Safety Back-up Power system in case of power failure

Here's a Video to demonstrate how it will be achieved: YouTube - Injector spray

The Video is crude and not mine, but you can see how the water is atomized into very small droplets and disipates/evaporates into the air as it travels forward. When water/air hits an object the water will fall out of suspension and cling to that object. In the Video the injectors are roughly 420 to 550cc/min @ 43psi for a reference. If you reduce the line pressure via the regulator the amount of output will go down, and vice versa.

A surfactant that makes water "wetter" could also play a very important/beneficial role here.

The Setup costs

Building the system with costs New, if you have these items then great.
1. $100 EFI Pump and Strainer with built in Check Valve
2. $10 After pump Filter
3. $100 2 Injectors for 2 Plants
4. $280 Injector/Pump control unit
5. $40 PVC 3" "T's", end Caps, Pipe for 2 plants
6. $30 Pressure Regulator
7. $40 Digital Timer
8. $50 Battery Charger
9. $40 Car Battery
10. $25 Brass Injector T's and tubing
11. $40 Reservoir, stones and Air pump
$755 Estimated total

The Idea is to Spray the root mass right at the base of the stalk and let gravity do the rest.

After spending Mucho time makng the Diagrams, it makes better sense to build a wooden Frame and use individule units instead of linking them to one drain. This also does away with the net pot, and having to drill the T which is not a huge issue.

The plant is suspended with the typical 2" Neoprene collars in the 2" to 3" or 4" Adapters.

Fuel Injection Basics:

The Injector is Pulsed in short bursts of on/off to control the amount being sprayed or Pulse Width Modulation and is referred to in miliseconds. This will control the amount of water/nute Solution sprayed. Injectors come in 2 types, "Peak and Hold" or "Saturated". The peak and hold circuit uses 4 amps to pop the injector open, 1 amp to hold it open. The other uses a continous curent to open and hold it. This is important in building the control circuit and not overheating the Injectors.

Now the $280 injector controller listed above can be bypassed and may not even be needed as the Injector could simply be hit with 4 amps and held open for short periods of time with a digital Timer controlling a 120V to 12VDC/4amp power supply like a cell phone charger depends of the number of injectors used and the NEEDED Time the injector needs to be on. When the injector is on it's heating up, off it's cooling. A 10amp Battery Charger will run the EFI Pump in the same cycle. The Efi Pump has a Built in Check Valve that holds the Set regulator pressure on the line so it does need to prime!

Can we let the discussion begin?

STG

The Diagram

Hydroponic_Injection_system.jpg

This makes better sense than the connected T's

Hydroponic_Injection_system_Raised.jpg

Re: New Hybrid Aeroponics system called "The Nivek Effect"

So wait you're going to do a Nivek Effect Anti-Gravity Grow?

Interesting. It does look like you have similar goals to my first fog effort, which failed of course.

The best way to approach an experiment is from a critical standpoint, so I hope you won't take any of my comments personally... just trying to get to the root of the matter, no pun intended.

My first question is why spend the bucks to deliver nutrients this way... failure rates tend to increase along with complexity... so is this better for the root system than existing methods? I guess the goal of the experiment would be to find out? Or is there already evidence?

Hmmm, cool. How much $$ do you think this set up will cost you?

Hey OBX:

Understand your questions, and do not take them offensivelly, this is what I am looking for good feedback.............. Honestly I increase PPM CO2 in the air of the earth with my other Company and this is my little way of using that knowledge hopefully to give back!

All these parts are readily available from sources now, and forums such as this by the nature of Growing Stealth, have help develop cooler/lower wattage lights, the by product is it can be used to eat as well!

This while seems complicated, it can be very simply and What FUEL Injection does for reliablity on your car, the same can be true for a Grow operation given the rights circumstances.

What if you could Grow a whole crop on 1 reservoir filling or 1/2 or 1/4 the number it use to take?

Check PH once as it's not being changed by the Plant?

Res Temp was not an Issue? The standard EFI system of a car would use the Coolant Temp sensor, to turn on and off the Fan to cool the Motor. The Same would work for Exhaust/intake fans, fan on a Oil Cooler Loop can be used to regulate the Res Temp.

True Aeroponic from all the info I have ready is the FASTER/Fastest form of Hydroponics so if a Commerical Grower/farmer makes a living growing then why not put the knowledge to use? It is the most complicated and failure prone, but testing new techniques such as your Pipe Dreams (pun intended) :) It looks very promising, so I am not sure if you have something with the extended/narrow root system or not, we will soon know the answer to that question.

This can really precisely control how much they are fed with regards to Water/Nutes used.

Imagine no Wasted water/nutes used in Arid Country's to actually grow Food? An $800 to $1000 dollar machine they can build with multiple sites from a readily available parts!

The goal is 0 run off, and I may be wishing for something that is not possibly, but really think of the implications if it is possible? :) Not just for Cannabis, but for all types of growing operations where the run off is NOT helping the Eco-system!

Oh by the way, went to a Christmas Party last night took my "Little White Pea" Dip! It was a Hit and There was None left, blended a Pint of "Put-up" white peas, with home grown tomatoes, Jalapeno, Cheyenne, and spices. Wasn't any left over! :) New Dish for TRIM Maybe, it would be a hell of a Party favor!

Question I am not sure of is if the Before and After PPM of nutes are the same? Or is the Filter doing it's job of keeping the injectors clean to well?

More frequent watering or Drip has it's own problems as well, can this help to eliminate that problem? Also the Water/nute droplets are much much smaller making them easier to uptake by the plant. It would be like comparing bowling balls to BB's.

STG

Hey Drojo:

$700 to $800 dollars, could be Half that if you built the electronics yourself! megasquirt. com is a website where you can buy a kit to build the Board "Solder" the parts and assemble it yourself for $125. This is FREE Stuff at it's finest, where 2 guys designed the Hardware and Software then GAVE it away! It's perfect for the Do it yourselfer.

The comparables of the Engine Needs to a Grow operation is uncanney! :)

Injectors Dirt Cheap used, but need to be Cleaned of course lots of parts you already have!

Wood to build a Rack was not factored above!

STG

well thats thinking out of the box.....you will need a different spec coolant temp sensor as an automotive application will need different resistance values...
How will you rest the "Check Engine" light? LOL
This system is still prone to the injector getting the pintle contaminated with salts.

I understand... and can't really argue beyond the complexity factor right now... hell, I just switched my plants into a new setup I'm certain will work... yet I'm still checking them every five mintues. Give Murphy's Law a shot, and it will happen...

Hey Pit:

I was hoping you would check in here, your input is invaluable! :)

The Coolant Temp and Air Temp sensors are set for the correct resistance if used with the Megasquirt controller, software is Free, and if you can solder the controler kit is $125, if it will not grow cannabis, put it own your Mower! :)

Check Engine Light? I thought about that too and 1 of those new "High output LED Lights" would fit the bill! LMAO! :) Yeah I just burnt one! :) Honestly some ECU's have built in settable "Range Control" to so if something clogs, heats up, or get out of range it could sound an alarm, and if your real good with Home security Modules it could be used to CALL YOUR Cell Phone to tell you shit is about to DIE! :) LOL

Salt? This is very true, and it's very corrosive, and fuel has cleaners in it, so that may be a very big issue, but I believe the amount of use will be much less, and not sure if Distilled water wouldn't be a better solution for water? Would that help with the SALT?

STG

I'm bet anyone two ounces that if this works, we're going to see STG as a site sponsor lol.. :popcorn:

the "salts" Im talking about are the nutrients. I dont think automotive injectors are going to hold up under the water and nutrients even using distilled water...but thats just an opinion..

Hey Drojo:

I'll take those 2 ounces now please................... :) It's not why I'm here! Improve the grow thru collective understanding, get it leagalized so we do not keep paying for productive human beings sitting in a cage............... and to try new things... if they work, note them in the grow journal, if not set them as an example of what doesn't work! I do ok in my other business. :)

Hey Pit:

Understand where your coming from and you may be correct, but do a search on Brazil, where 85 to 95% of all their fuel comes from Alcohol which is water based and very corrosive which causes clogging/bad atomization and those issues were over come. Those systems are now all Stainless. Cars run for years with no cleaning! May be one of those things where you have to have a few spares to swap out, then send them out to be cleaned and new screens installed for $15.

A window in the cap end for a visual check, and when it does start to salt up it will dimish in the spray pattern/atomization and can be seen, so it can be changed out in a couple of minutes like any other maintainance items of any grow operation.

It may be more of a Headache, but if it grows faster with less of everything will it be woth it?

STG

Back
Top Bottom