New Hydroponics Laws Take Effect

Australia - New laws have taken effect in South Australia aimed at cracking down on hydroponic cannabis crops.

The legislation targets sellers of hydroponic equipment, with staff required to submit to character checks.

SA Police Minister Michael Wright says people who cultivate cannabis are the target, including bikie gang members.

"The new laws are an Australian first. From today, well there'll be a transitional period of three months but you'll need to apply to the Police Commissioner for a licence to operate," he said.

"In part it is certainly aimed at bikie gangs because the evidence is there that they are involved in the hydroponic cultivation of large quantities of cannabis.

"People growing tomatoes, flowers, things like that won't be affected."

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: ABC News
Copyright: 2010 ABC

What the hell is a "character check" and who sets the minimum level of acceptable "character"? A penal colony that produced Mell Gibson and Rupert Murdoch is now going to dictate what is acceptable character for someone to sell gardening equipment? And I thought America did some stupid things when it come to cannabis.

Ah, who cares, it's Australia...their light weights.:bravo:
Australia - New laws have taken effect in South Australia aimed at cracking down on hydroponic cannabis crops.

The legislation targets sellers of hydroponic equipment, with staff required to submit to character checks.

SA Police Minister Michael Wright says people who cultivate cannabis are the target, including bikie gang members.

"The new laws are an Australian first. From today, well there'll be a transitional period of three months but you'll need to apply to the Police Commissioner for a licence to operate," he said.

"In part it is certainly aimed at bikie gangs because the evidence is there that they are involved in the hydroponic cultivation of large quantities of cannabis.

"People growing tomatoes, flowers, things like that won't be affected."

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: ABC News
Copyright: 2010 ABC

Ah, who cares, it's Australia...their light weights.:bravo:

Actually we should ALL care,,If this becomes the "norm" there, Why not here? :roorrip:

warbux,
totally agree...either we all make it, or no one makes it...saw on tv the other night, where the dea actually consider hydro pot as much more dangerous and potent, and addictive....and they were buying it...the spiel that is...could not believe it...lavendar:reading420magazine:

warbux,
totally agree...either we all make it, or no one makes it...saw on tv the other night, where the dea actually consider hydro pot as much more dangerous and potent, and addictive....and they were buying it...the spiel that is...could not believe it...lavendar:reading420magazine:
Thats my take on it too,,If you roll over for something now, They'll just try for more later. The powers that be are never satisfied...:roorrip::thanks:

This is how it starts. A country will do all the foot work and then the USA will take bits and pieces and form it into a law here. If you want examples go to some of the bike websites and see how familier anti bike laws are over seas and then compare to the laws they are trying to pass here in the States against the Biker community it's just how they do it.

This is how it starts. A country will do all the foot work and then the USA will take bits and pieces and form it into a law here. If you want examples go to some of the bike websites and see how familier anti bike laws are over seas and then compare to the laws they are trying to pass here in the States against the Biker community it's just how they do it.

And this is exactly what i was reffering too. Thanx SSNUGS...By the way,,are'nt they called bikie gangs?? lol :roorrip:

Only in the UK here in the USA they like to be called Motorcycle clubs. If you want a gang look for your local teenage street thugs. Thanks for the add by the way I would have sent you a thank you personally but I need to reach out and do a few more post because of the regulations on this website.LOL
Respects.

Only in the UK here in the USA they like to be called Motorcycle clubs. If you want a gang look for your local teenage street thugs. Thanks for the add by the way I would have sent you a thank you personally but I need to reach out and do a few more post because of the regulations on this website.LOL
Respects.

Not a problem Bro...Totally understood..lol :roorrip:

Well I didn't know my hydro garden was so dangerous. Those Auzies sure are dingy

sent ya all some reps...now if we can all stick togather, we might make it...yeah, them hydro grows, really dangerous, to the plants if you dont know what you're doing...i have the whole set up, it baffled me and it scared me to death just knowing how instantly things can change with hydro, it takes me longer to kill a plant when its in dirt...usually about 8-10 wks if i do it right...enjoy, lavendar

sent ya all some reps...now if we can all stick togather, we might make it...yeah, them hydro grows, really dangerous, to the plants if you dont know what you're doing...i have the whole set up, it baffled me and it scared me to death just knowing how instantly things can change with hydro, it takes me longer to kill a plant when its in dirt...usually about 8-10 wks if i do it right...enjoy, lavendar

Aawwww, Thanx sweetie. Back atchya..lol :roorrip:

:thumb:

The laws wont effect anyone other then the owners of such shops. What did growers do before all the hydro shops started poping up? Bought their gear from electrical wholesalers, hardware stores and nurseries, and petshops.

Nooneknows, You are somewhat correct.Back in the day you could go to othe outlets. But now they are even recording and reporting certain purchases that that follow the guidlines of grow ops and reporting that activity to local law and to the dea and atf. Just go to Home Depot and buy a bunch of buckets and potting soil and bulbs for your fixtures just watch your rearview mirror when you leave. They may just send the survailance video to the law with all of your details with the purchase. I actually know a friend who didi what I just said and was busted two days later and in court the DA use the store video in his prosecution. He was found guilty of attemped manufactering of Marijauna and was given a two year probation with all the strict guidelines of reporting once a week and two UA test per week.

Back
Top Bottom