New LED light

morrum

Hi, This is probably a stupid question but we are new to this.....so here it is....on a full spectrum light shouldn't there be some red led's showing when the light is on?
Thanks for taking a little time to reply
morrum

Morrum,

One other thing to be aware of with LEDs. A lot of the new LEDs on the market now a days have IR diodes. Most people cant see IR lights while they are turned on. I have 4 different LEDs which two of them have IR diodes on them. I had read complaints from people that had purchased the same lights as I had that had the IR lights. They thought the lights were out or not working. The manufacturer stated the lights worked fine and that they some of them were IR lights. I knew this already going in to buying the lights. I'm actually able to see the IR lights while they are on! On mine there are only 3 IR lights on each of them.

So who knows, maybe your lights have many IR lights on them. So maybe thats why you cant see them, I dont know just my 2 cents worth. Good luck with the lights, tske care.

First of all...Thanks for the replys now here is some more info and hopefully a few pic. Keep in mind that the first led showed some red or what looked like red led's....after several days I noticed not a strong color as before (pic included with red led's working in first week. I took another look at the led lights...there was NO reds and looks like all led's are working. I ordered another light from the same folks thinking that it'll show the red led's and it would confirm that there was a problem with the first light.....wrong...it shows the same color as the first one does now. The second pic should show the plant with the led's without any red led's visible and the 3rd was taken with just a regular light. Here are the rundown on these led lights.SuperGrow 900W LED GROW LIGHT

Full spectrum for vegetative and flowering stage: 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~670nm, White, IR(730nm)

LEDs: 150PCS exclusive 6W grow LEDs

LED Power : 150X6W=900W

Power Consumption: 589W+-5%

Dimension: 331x331x60mm (13.1x13.1x2.37inches )
led_before_change.jpg
with_led.jpg
with_light_bulb.jpg

Should I just kick back smoke another bowl and forget about it or should I still pursue what I thought was a problem?

Back
Top Bottom