New member seeks advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired One

420 Member
Due to the untimely passing of my seed supplier an the sale of the land i used, I now am in the position of having to move indoors and i have numerous questions.

First and formost is seed. I have found numerous seed dealers online but by and large they are all in Amsterdam, with a few in Canada. I have been warned that many of these seed merchants are ripping people off left and right.

Second, soil or hydro. Most hydro i have smoked has a vague taste of bleach, but it would lay you down on the couch pretty fast. The plants I grew outside were not nearly as potent but it sure wasnt trash weed. Obviously plants grown indoors can be cared for in a way few outdoor growers could even dream of, so as subjective as it may be, any opinion matters. I am most interested in potency/yield

Third and last for now is light. LED...MH...HPS...Flouro? I understand the wavelength requirements for each stage, i am most concerened with a huge spike in my electricity bill. It seems that flouro may be the way to go in that respect but it seems to dilute yield. Will a combo of flouro/LED work or should i just change bulbs when i transition from vegetative to flowering state

Thats it for now, hope to hear from the nation soon.:thanks:

First and formost is seed

Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

Second, soil or hydro
That is a personal choice as you noted. I have only used soils to grow with 30+ years. No Hydro here. Too costly, too time consuming, unless you already have it down pat.

Third and last for now is light. LED...MH...HPS...Flouro?
Flouro /MH to start. HPS to finish or veg in. No LED can do what a HID can do. It can help start them out, But I would use a Flouro instead. Keeping it simple helps. Check out some of the Grow Journals here in 420, and see what has worked for some and where most have difficulties in maintaining their grows.
Glad to see ya here.:welcome::smokin:

Many thanks Cherma. I should have been more thorough in my thread search before i posted. The grow journals are awsome compilations of info.

Second, soil or hydro
That is a personal choice as you noted. I have only used soils to grow with 30+ years. No Hydro here. Too costly, too time consuming, unless you already have it down pat.

Third and last for now is light. LED...MH...HPS...Flouro?
Flouro /MH to start. HPS to veg in or all the way thru, more lumens for the wattage output. No LED can do what a HID can do. It can help start them out, But I would use a Flouro instead. Keeping it simple helps. Check out some of the Grow Journals here in 420, and see what has worked for some and where most have difficulties in maintaining their grows.
Glad to see ya here.:welcome::smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom