New tent negative pressure question

Coreygotwiings

420 Member
3x3 tent 6 inch inline fan connected to carbon filter inside tent exhausting out. i have 10 speeds. when i set to 4 my tent sucks in slightly and anything above 7 it sucks in alot and i lose space. my question. is too much neg pressure a bad thing should i keep it below 7 or let it go ?. i have 2 clip fans inside to move air around and passive intake. i have no problems with temp or humidity ..but i dont have my lights in yet

As much as I know, too much negative pressure could cause the girls to dry out... more pressure in the leaves than the ambient area, would, say as when an airplane window cracks/breaks, in flight, cause the leaves to want to 'Equal' the pressure, to make it more comfy for themselves.
You don#t have lights, yet, so no girls either, atm? You cannot say if they are causing any wafting odours, so too, you cannot decide yet if leaving a crack in the zipper would counteract the neg press... How much space are you talking about loosing when the fan/exhaust is on full blast? Does the rippling effect from the ventilators 'reinflate' the tent, when air moving?
I am pretty sure Evert/Everet (Hernandez/Fernandez, cannot remember) has a video about this topic on youtube.
Greetz
Mounty

here you go:

By the way, he grows normal fruits and veggies, has not yet admitted to growing other flora.

Back
Top Bottom