New to the game - Tips needed

Absolutely! I'm currently using Foxfarm Ocean Forrest on 2 grows. The first grow I just used it straight out of the bag and I've had multiple nightmares keeping problems from getting out of control.

The 2nd grow however I Used Foxfarm Ocean Forrest and cut it with 10-15% light starter soil just to tame the nutes in the soil down just a hair. I then added 25% perlite (yes, 25%) and 2 tablespoons of dolomite lime per gallon of the soil mix.

The 2nd grow has been 100% flawless so far and it's 2 weeks into flower. Same strain and all just prepped the soil better. Not one single problem with this one!

I use Superoots Air Pots by the way. Theres literally 100's of holes in them at the bottom and sides.

If I paint my room white will it be OK for the reflective?

After u plant the seed how long do u guys usually wait to start adding nutes

That will all depend on what is in your soil.

Let's say you planted in Promix which is a soiless medium and has no nutrition for the plant. In that case you still wait 10-14 days after the seedling pops from the soil.

You mentioned you have organic soil so you won't need nutes for even longer. Can you give a good description of your soil s we know what you are dealing with exactly?

Yea i used the fox farm ocean forest + organic + peat moss and perlite

You wont need any nutes for around 3-4 weeks from seed popping from soil at least. The best thing to do is wait until she tells you she needs nutes. Have you started her? Any pics?

20151128_230204.jpg
20151128_230157.jpg
20151128_230129.jpg
20151128_230222.jpg
20151128_230142.jpg
20151128_230124.jpg
20151122_165548.jpg
20151128_230210.jpg
20151122_172852.jpg

Hey Nyloki,
I just got caught up on your adventures and thought I would tag a long if you don't mind. I am a dirt digger also, though I use LEDs not HIDs.
I noticed you mentioning your grow size but what I didn't catch was, are you only going to have 1 grow area? Veg and bloom in the same area? That will work fine if that is your plan. I also noticed you mentioning diesels, I am presently growing a Lemon Sour Diesel, and will let you know right up front, if odor may become an issue for you down the road, diesels may not be the best choice for you. I live in a state where it is legal both medical and recreational, though my wife and I both work in industries that do drug testing, both pre-employment and randoms, so showing up to work smelling like weed is not an option. My LSD reeks my friend, Even with a carbon filter, in a tent, vented outside, I can still detect the smell of it when I enter our home. My wife made me give away2 clones of the LSD and was not real happy that I kept the one I was flipping into flower.
All the advise I have seen given you to this point has been very solid.
Looking forward to seeing your grow be a success. I am about 3 weeks out from harvesting y present grow, and my 2nd grow which is also in Fox Farms Ocean Harvest is ready to jump into the bloom tent asap

I would also suggest you start a journal so more can enjoy your adventures :thumb: and put a link to it in the bottom of your signature

Ok yea man all input is good input to me I jus take from a few different ppl and make it my own as I learn the rules to this. But for now the Veg and bloom room are 1 and smell is not an issue for me

They are pretty stretched stems. To put it this way the 2 round (cotyledon) leaves on my plants are always within 1 inch of the soil. You need to lower your grow light and give the plant more light concentration. From now on when you start another grow start with the lights closer than you did this time. Important to move the lights closer even now in the grow so your nodes don't end up a mile apart. As far as the yellowing I will read through your journal now and see if I can find some hints.

Basically your plant is stretching to get closer to the light source. That's 100% why you have long stretched out stems.
What have you been feeding and how often and how old is your plant from the day it broke through soil. Also what water are you using?

My light is pretty high I was scared to put them closer because of the heat. I'll lower it ASAP. It broke the soIL I wanna say on about the 11th. I started feeding 30 mL power gallon on the 23rd every other watering. I use distilled water when giving nutes and faucet water when jus watering. I make sure the ph is between 5.5-6.5 for feeding and watering

And you are in FF soil? If so your pH'ing too low. If you are in FF soil I would suggest watering the only water days with plain distilled and DO NOT pH IT AT ALL! When feeding I would still use the distilled just because I know nothing about your tap water but do pH your feedings and vary the pH of the feedings just a little bit but 6.5 is fine. I would vary from 6.5-6.7 myself. 5.5 is too low for soil and you will miss out on nutes.
Also, keep in mind that the acidic difference between 5.5 and 6.5 is big! 5.5 is 10 times more acidic than 6.5.

Back
Top Bottom