Newbie first grow advice

ppnewbie

hi Guys
I am attempting my first grow and looking for suggestions from all you experienced growers.
Grow room set up:
3.3x3.3x6 tent
4"carbon filter fan combo
2x 600w mars hydro led
Advanced nutrients(grow,micro,bloom all ph perfect,big bud,overdrive,b-52,voodoo juice and general organics calmag)
using crop kings auto flower northern lights
I have been doing a ton of research but I would like to here from you on past experiences. Anything I should know?
what kind of yields can I expect with this set-up?
How many plants can I do in that space?
Thanks in advance for any input

Hey PPN, welcome to 420. Glad to have you here.

For your questions, they are somewhat open ended. Number of plants....depends on what size pots and how big you plant to let them get and what sort of training you are going to do. If you went small pots and little training, essential 'Sea of Green), you could probably do 9 plants. If you planned on training and vegging longer, you could do 4 plants in 3 or 5 gallon pots. If you wanted to veg for 2+ months, you could do one plant in a 7 or 10 gallon pot and SCROG it to fill the whole canopy.

All those will result in different yields, as will the strain you select. A general rule of thumb from what I have been told is that new growers can expect .5-.7 gram per watt yield as you will probably have a learning curve. Experienced growers can expect 1 gram per watt and then your advanced growers, well who knows what they can get. So the answer to your yield depends on you my friend.

Seems like you have a good setup as far as I can tell. Throw some beans in the water and get started...learn as you go and we will be here to help as needed. Thats the best way to do this crazy adventure. Everyone has plan until they get punched in the face and your girls will punch you at some point in your grow. The fun part is all the learning that will take place! Beware, growing is addictive!!

Welcome again!!

Just re-read and see you are growing auto's.....not something I have any experience in. I think its safe to say you could probably expect an ounce per plant or more if you train well (no topping on autos...just LST) and feed her right. With your setup, I would probably do 4 of them in there. So realistically I would expect 4 ounces and be happy if you got more! But what the heck do I know with autos other than what I have read LOL. I know there are experienced auto growers that can get 4-6 ounces from a plant.

Thank you for the reply. I want to use 10L pots. I was planning on 5 plants of the northern lights strain. I guess my main concerns are will the 2 600w led lights be enough. Also, is my 84cfm fan sufficient for this space. I haven't even started yet and already addicted. Haha. I am going to follow a trains guide to auto flower. I have picked up every note he has suggested. Not familiar with training methods but will Def start researching.

Sorry also forgot to dictate medium. I am using pro mix hp. I plan on mixing in extra perlite and dolamite as well.

Yeah 2 600w LEDs will be good for your area. I am only slightly larger than you and I am essentially running the same thing in terms of lights. You can always upgrade to better lights later if you really want to. Mars is a great grow light, but there are higher end LEDs out there that will give you better spectrum and intensity which will in turn increase your yield. My recommendation is to learn the art of growing first and worry about increasing yield later. I use a 600w Mars in my 2x2x4 veg/breeding tent and its great.

Hey guys. Just thought I'd post a few pics of my girls. Day 20 now.
7b62ade512dace4a37761dcf1d4d4b85.jpg
f1cf15bc0b9e319f345a9192da54d824.jpg

Back
Top Bottom