Newbie Intro First Grow Question

bladerunner

Just joined this FAB community as a medicinal user who started my first indoor growing experience two weeks ago, using a great deal of info from this forum.

Grow Tent: 4' x 6' x 6'
Interior completely covered in reflectix
Two Quad Band LEDs
Two passive intake and one active exhaust 420 CFM inline fan
Dyson oscillating fan; two dehumidifiers; 1 co2 exhale bag

I started with two clone types: Sour Disel and Jilly Bean (3 of each). Planted one of each in the following soil mixes:

Humboldt Organic Soil Mix with worm castings and perlite
Humboldt Happy Frog with worm castings and perlite
Fox Farm Organic Soil Mix with worm castings and vermiculite

Monitoring the temperature, humidity, water ph and soil ph levels with temp in mid-to upper- 60's; humidity from low 60% to low 70% dependent upon ambient conditions; initial soil PH was 5.3 for the Humboldt mix, 6.7 for the Happy Frog mix and 6.4 for the Fox Farm mix; water and nutrient PH has been around 6.3.

The plants seem to be happy and have grown over three inches, but yesterday I noticed white spots on the two plants that were planted with the Humboldt Organic Soil Mix (see photos below).

First thought that this might be downy mildew or powdery mildew (not sure if these are one in the same?), so I removed these plants and destroyed them (discarded all pots and under trays as well).

Was I too hasty in this destruction? Is this a common ailment that should be eliminated or simply managed? Any and all help/advice would be appreciated!

100_20741.JPG

100_20713.JPG

That's powdery mildew... I have had great results w/some product from one of our generous sponsors, check them out!
SNS 244 FUNGICIDE

Welcome to the 420 Mag family... it's great to have you w/us. :welcome:
We pride ourselves on being a mature marijuana forum dedicated to the spreading awareness of the benefits of MMJ and Hemp. :thumb:
The Mission of 420 Magazine is to repeal Cannabis prohibition by promoting international Cannabis awareness to the masses
You will find that our members are both knowledgable and the most helpful on the scene.
If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines... they will assist you in navigating the forum.
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Here are some other links that may be helpful:
Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
Take your coat off and get to know some the locals, the staff here are great and our members are top shelf... :Namaste:

Thanks Captain Kronic for the tip! I ordered this product last night and will use it on the remaining four plants to see if it keeps this problem in check.

Are there known environmental contributors to powdery mildew or is this a systemic plant issue or both? Just trying to understand if I need to adjust my new environment to counter this in addition to using a fungicide.

It's great to be able to venture into this endeavor with the guidance and support of this community!

Back
Top Bottom