Newbie Question about Nutes

flexy123

Yes I read the FAQ, but just out of curiosity...

I am growing with Canna Terra Pro soil + CalMax right now. I have no particular experience with nutes.

Is it mandatory that I get grow/flowering nutes since the nutes in the soil will be depleted in some weeks?

What about "dollar store" universal fertilizer? They have one product which I found is some sort of liquid worm humus which can be used as a foliar spray, with your watering or undiluted just pouring some in the pot?

What about any standard "universal fertilizer" you can get at almost any store? Should I avoid all this and just get some special nutes like BioBuzz grow/bloom?

yes u need at least two base nutrients one for veg and one for flowering veg is high in Nitrogen and flower is low in nitrogen and high in phosphorus y r u using cal/mag? led light? that terra soil should be good without cal/mag unless it has a lot of coco in it i would stay away from dollar store nutrients chemical crap and hard to flush out. at the very least get some organic (if possible) miracle grow. mg all purpose is 24-8-16 that's pretty good for veg grow but way too much N for flowering u can order really good nutes on eBay cheap too don't skimp on the nutes and u will have a nice smokable end product

you do need atleast the base nute for veg and for bloom.
I use the General Hydro. FloraNova. Its good stuff not overly priced.
I been using it for 2 grows now with no problems.
heres a 2 pack bundle. Amazon: General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom Quart

1666929327125.png

this is a potting soil - you dont need to use ANY nutes at this point. maybe some guano extract in the end - it's rich in P.

90% growers use nutes when not needed and the result is shitty small plants with no yields. i could not find any specific NPK values for your soil but that is where you start. potting soil or tomato/paprika soil is usually good to go without any nutes.

u need need to find the exacts of the potting soil buddy if a bag says up to 3 months feeding it might last three weeks or six months that stuff is mixed in large batches and u do get light and heavy spot bags it also depends on the strand as well as the whole set up if u running lights 24/7 with co2 and its a needy strand i could see it ripping thru that potting soil nute in three weks get a soil tester they r cheap see what ur soil nute level is and go from there

All the way including vegging? I am aware that the soil should have plenty of nutes for, say 6 weeks or so.

Probably. This is where you will need to learn on your own. It should be ok for all the way down to flowering action. Can you check the NPK info on the package? Maybe that will clear things up. However now you know why people like to use same soil - you see how it works and then you know how to manege your nutes and stuff.

90% of all problems come form using too much nutes. I understand the desire to have that huge yield, but it almost always ends up being the opposite. That's why they say - experienced growers can get this much weed out of the plant. I have not had lower yield from an auto than 80 grams and 800 grams from regular in greenhouse with my no nutes technique.

As you get more confident you can start experimenting. There also many great grow journals here that you can learn from.

Back
Top Bottom