Newbie seeking grow advice

Jumpingjacks7

Never grew any plant ever but I have been looking up how to grow Mary-J and have got a basic idea of how it works. I have been eager to grow for a while but I have never had the opportunity and now I do. Producing different strains and the fact of trying my own product is exciting. I only want to produce for personal use. I have been looking at grow boxes and grow tents as I'll probably only have around 1-3 plants growing at a time, indoors. I have been considering using the scrog method, using soil not hydroponics. I am wondering what size tent/box i should use? I've looked up how to make my own out of Rubbermaid containers, not sure if a tent would be a better purchase or to make a box myself. I don't want something too big and something too small, just something to get me started with decent yields. I have 3 seeds of I dunno what(probably pure crap, but it's a start) I am using the paper towel method to let them get started. This is what I have so far, any input whatsoever is appreciated.

Re: Newbie seeking grow advice.

I suggest reading "journals", then you will know what you are getting into. Look at what the "contest winners" did and you're off to a great start. Please vote for those the help you the most! Any first time grower should KISS (keep it simple) youtube has loads of videos on all that you mentioned as well. Are you starting from seed of unknown strain/& sex? First you need the girls! You can get tents for $50 using a "closet" from HomeDepot, or a real grow tent for a small fortune thru 420 sponsers for the best. Hours of reading here in the forums will help you get all the way to the buds you seek. Best of luck & :welcome:

Yeah I have no idea what strain or sex the seeds are, but the bud I found them in wasn't of high quality, just something to get my mind right. I've looked at a few seed shops, but I don't want to buy some good seeds for my first grow and screw up the product.

Yeah I have no idea what strain or sex the seeds are, but the bud I found them in wasn't of high quality, just something to get my mind right. I've looked at a few seed shops, but I don't want to buy some good seeds for my first grow and screw up the product.

some seeds are under $10 online. In Colorado seeds make lovely gifts. So says Amendment 64

I'm just going to grow what I've got so far and keep reading and reading.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. My father was a pretty renown wood boat builder and he would always say "Practice on scrap or you'll be practicing on scrap." In this case, that means save your $ on premium seeds until you have things understood and have some experience under your belt. You'd also be amazed at what you might end up with using seeds from brick weed. There may be nothing wrong with the strain, but because of the commercial growing methods used the plants are not getting up to their full potential.

B-

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. My father was a pretty renown wood boat builder and he would always say "Practice on scrap or you'll be practicing on scrap." In this case, that means save your $ on premium seeds until you have things understood and have some experience under your belt. You'd also be amazed at what you might end up with using seeds from brick weed. There may be nothing wrong with the strain, but because of the commercial growing methods used the plants are not getting up to their full potential.

B-

Very true.

I agree with trichs the more simple the easier it will be especially when first starting
another thing is read read read
you can never read enough theres loads of info out there :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom