newbie to this site may need advice later

kyrascal

Lost my job after 18yrs at the same company, cant find work that pays more than i'm getting on unemployment. I have degree in soil science, so I guess i am going to put it to use. Things sure have changed with technology in last 25yrs.Can only afford fluorescent lights 4ft, looking for a stain that will perform descent with high thc and yeild.Wish i could afford hps system, but maybe down the road.Any help will be appreciated. Northern lights was the best back in my day so that tells you how long its been.

Your cheapest lights are CFLs. 6500K are best for Veg'ing and 2700K are best for flowering. Check out my grow in the link below. I did this on the very cheap. I'd be happy to help you out with my experience.

There are alot of CFL grows that have done pretty well. Bulbs can be found for $2 each and 42" vanity fixtures at Home Depot for $20 plus a few Y adapters at $1 each and your in great shape. Check out my pics in my grow for more details on cheap.

Sorry about the job market. I feel bad for ya.

I have already purchased the pioneer t5 4 bulb system and know I will have to add to it so thanks for the suggestion. Thinking about vanilla kush and pineapple chunk or super lemon skunk and tangerine dream. Only going to start with 4 plants for now and do 2 of each variety and experiment a little with fertilizer unless someone replies with a good formula that works but my problem is I dont know much about any of them except heighth and flowering period. I dont know if certain plants are nitrogen loving plants for example. So many fertilizers out there but was thinking of earth juice but just guessing that its good, no experience with it.

If you have not done this before you might consider Fox Farm. They have a pretty foolproof formula for success.

Its not the best set of nutes but they do make it simple to succeed. Once you study more you can suppliment the Fox Farm nutes with whatever your plants want if anything. Being an expert in soil I am sure you will figure it all out quickly.

I would go with the Pineapple Chunk over the Tangerine Dream. I've read a lot of journals that bemoan the poor germination rate of the TD seeds. I've grown the P-Chunk and it is pretty forgiving for a beginner. Are you going with clones or seeds?

Welcome to 420 and best of luck on your grow.

Welcome! CFLs and clamp on shop light fixtures make GREAT side fills and auxiliary lights. You want only 40-65 watters though.

I've gotten great results with my T5s and CFLs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Thank you all for the advice, I am going to be ordering seeds this month and hope to be up and running by nov. Funny I never expected to use my knowledge in soil to do this at this stage of my life. Sure when I was going thru the program the thought was there but when raising kids there was no way of doing it inside. If I would of told my kids not to go in a room you can bet sure as we left they would of been picking the lock. But to be honest I would of done the same when I was a kid. Thanks again to all :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom