Newbie32 - Very First Grow Ever - Small Space - Soil - CFL - Bag Seed

newbie32

Hello everyone,

Well long time smoker first time grower here. Looking for all the help, advice, and opinions that anyone can offer. So here's what i got so far.

Space: rubber made tub
Seed: bagseed
Lights: 5 cfl 75watt 1300 lumens per bulb
Soil: Seed starting mix (not sure of the brand)

So here is where I'm at today. 2 days ago I planted seeds, I went ahead and planted 12 which is way more than I have the space for. I figured I'd see what sprouts and take the best 2 or 3 of those. Today i checked on them and one has sprouted already. So thats where I'm at now and I'm pretty excited. All I'm really expecting for my first grow is a good learning experience. ..but if i get a little smoke out of it then even better.

20140206_133259.jpg
20140206_133259.jpg
20140210_091024.jpg
20140210_142543.jpg

Re: newbie32..very first grow ever..small space...soil....cfl..bagseed

There's a few pics of my little set up so far...you can see where she has shown herself there in the corner...not sure how it got over that far. But there she is. (Well I hope it's a she lol)

Re: newbie32 - very first grow ever - small space - soil - cfl - bagseed

Ok... well today is day 3 from seed and i got some promising results.. so far I've got 4 that have sprouted. I've done a lot of research and have read that over watering is a common mistake. I'm not sure how often I should be watering when there this young. The soil seems dry to the touch but just gently watered them yesterday.. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

20140211_090817.jpg
20140211_090833.jpg
20140211_090856.jpg
20140211_090806.jpg

Also if anyone knows about how many days i should wait till I give up on the seeds that haven't sprouted yet. Thanks again

Hey there good luck with your first grow!! I will be following this :goodluck:
I usually wait 7-10 days if nothing happens, once i see some white i let them take teir time
If u plant the seeds instantly in soil it can take a lil longer
most of the time my seeds sprout at day 4-5

Grts

Thanks killuminati99.....I'll keep updating....it's nice to have a place to get help and support. I've already learned alot just by reading these grow journals....

Ok....day 4 from seed... it's amazing how much can change in just 24hr! All of the sprouts are standing straight up 6 so far. It looks like some of the seeds may have floated off to the side of my cups...guess that's my first learning experience. ...lol... Also I noticed on one of my plants one of her leaves looks like it has curled under a little or maybe she just hasn't stretched out yet...any one has any ideas i would love to hear em... Also I like to try and think ahead a little so any suggestions on when to transplant and start nuts would be very helpful...thanks again everyone........i have also noticed that growing has become very addictive. ....lol.....i find myself checking on them quite a bit.

20140212_091546.jpg
20140212_091510.jpg
20140212_091502.jpg

also i took the temp 82 degrees Fahrenheit. ......only 14% humidity. .....i put a bowl of water in with my girls we'll see if it helps any

Well its been about 2 weeks or so from seed. I'm down to 3 plants which is all the space i have for right now. Not sure why but the bottom 2 leafs on all 3 plants have turned brown...not sure if it was the soil or what. I transplanted them and they have really started to take off. All the new growth seems to be green and healthy. Here are some pics.....let me know what u think

20140219_103007.jpg
20140219_102932.jpg
20140219_102917.jpg
20140219_102840.jpg
20140219_102855.jpg

sorry for the head turners

Sup fellow 420err? I've been reading up on your grow and so far so good for first time growing. Are the ladies still alive and if so can you post pics? Hope all is well!! I just started a poor man's grow to show first timers what can be accomplished with a few dollars and some patients. Stop over and check it out. I may be able to help you with any questions you may have! :Namaste:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom