Night temps............

JJBurnout

Just germinating seeds for my first Deep Water Culture attempt. I have grown outdoors lots, but I'm now moving indoors. Without The bubble head threads (especially Roseman) I would be lost.

Just a quick question about temps...day temps are great, around 74-76. However, night time temps drop to 56-57. During the night i leave exhaust fan off and just have the circ fan running inside the cab. Is this temp drop too drastic? If so, could i put a black or green incandescent light bulb in the cabinet to raise night temps up 2 or 3 degrees? :grinjoint:

Just germinating seeds for my first Deep Water Culture attempt. I have grown outdoors lots, but I'm now moving indoors. Without The bubble head threads (especially Roseman) I would be lost.

Just a quick question about temps...day temps are great, around 74-76. However, night time temps drop to 56-57. During the night i leave exhaust fan off and just have the circ fan running inside the cab. Is this temp drop too drastic? If so, could i put a black or green incandescent light bulb in the cabinet to raise night temps up 2 or 3 degrees? :grinjoint:

Typically you do not want more than a 10-15 degree differential in day/night temps. That could lead to plant stress over time. I'm not sure if the bulb idea will work, but certainly can't hurt. What kind of lights are you using?

Im using 250 mh for veg and a 250 hps for flower.... the veg cabinet is not the problem...lights keep it nice and warm in there. Its the flower cabinet that cools off to mid to high 50's at night. I figured a green or black bulb would keep the temps up a cpple degrees during the night, I just want to be sure that a green or black light bulb will not screw with the plants dark period....
I only need to raise the dark temp by 3 or 4 degrees......any other ideas? space heater is not an option at this time....

Im using 250 mh for veg and a 250 hps for flower.... the veg cabinet is not the problem...lights keep it nice and warm in there. Its the flower cabinet that cools off to mid to high 50's at night. I figured a green or black bulb would keep the temps up a cpple degrees during the night, I just want to be sure that a green or black light bulb will not screw with the plants dark period....
I only need to raise the dark temp by 3 or 4 degrees......any other ideas? space heater is not an option at this time....

Can you change your 12/12 ON cycle from day to night? That is how my brother combated cold temps at night. He had about the same temps as you and that fixed him right up. Use the hot lights too warm it up at night! He changed his cycle to 9 pm to 9 am. That way you can still check at night or in the morning. Just a thought!

Back
Top Bottom