Nitrogen Toxicity?

Jriley13

420 Member
Does anyone know if this would be nitrogen toxicity? Dark green shiny leaves, red leaf stems, new growth is light/yellow green in colour. Some older leaves have light patches on them and some type of deformation near the center of the leaf. Soil ph was tested a few days ago and is sitting a bit acidic at around 6. The soil isn’t the greatest and has time release nutrients in it, it’s all that was available where I live. Only fed it once with some miracle grow (1/2 recommended dose) as the leaves were turning a light green, and then this happened. Just wondering if this is an overload of nitrogen, if so how should this be corrected? A good flush? Or should I order some better soil and replant because of the time release nutrients? What do y’all think?
909E3BF1-CB67-43C2-9540-A5A7C1E40559.jpeg

Hi Jriley, looks like it to me. You can go with 25% feeding next time or some feeding schedules have us skip feeding and just water. I can't help you further but you can experiment with feeding with and without nutrients too. I was advised to feed once a week with the soil/food i'm using. If they get thirsty they get ph'd water the rest of the week. At some point you might check out more weed friendly soil and nutrients. That's my idea, but you should keep getting more here.

Back
Top Bottom