NOISEY fan....

Aussiebonger

Hey guys hope all is well..... here is the drama......
prolly got a bit too eager during setting up my operation... I didnt insulate my in/out fans. the humming is MAKING ME CRAZY...... in= 6inch inline..
out 6 inch cfgl... any opinions on getting some 18 inch insulated duct and completly cover the cfgl... and then some 8 inch insul duct and go over all my existing duct? existing duct is standard single layer non insul. anyone actually had this proplem?? Oh yeah and the fans arnt cheap shit either so its gotta be in the set up.. is there an easier way to insulate what i have without totally re ducting the lot, coz i dont really have too much room to just move things about using trial an error coz me girlz seem quite comfortable and i dont really wanna disturb them. some kind of covered insulation to tape onto/around the fan sounds like an easy option but hmmm what to use/do... Anyway all responses appreciated.:thanks:

Home depot sells insulation by the duckting. I got some 8" for my 6" duckting. It helped but you can still hear it even after sticking it in the addict.

I\'ve got a similar problem with my fan vented outside - can hear loud humming/roaring outside if I turn it up to the speed I\'d like (I installed a dimmer switch and have it as low as it will go b/c of the noise, but I really need to turn it up b/c of the heat in my grow room). But it sounds more like your noise problem is inside the house, whereas mine is where the fan exhausts outside. Anyway, I\'m curious to know how things turn out with your noise problem so keep us posted. ;-)

I have the same problem except its with my intake. I wonder if the mail man knows:Rasta:

I\'ve got a similar problem with my fan vented outside - can hear loud humming/roaring outside if I turn it up to the speed I\'d like (I installed a dimmer switch and have it as low as it will go b/c of the noise, but I really need to turn it up b/c of the heat in my grow room). But it sounds more like your noise problem is inside the house, whereas mine is where the fan exhausts outside. Anyway, I\'m curious to know how things turn out with your noise problem so keep us posted. ;-)

i have the same problem as you, it sounds like the dryer is on all night... at least i don't have neighbors.

Well i switched off my intake (which is in the roof) and it made things heaps quieter.. soo i think it has a lot to do with my mounting method of my intake. i think vibrations had a lot to do with the noise. no intake hasnt realy affected much either... just increases the vacume affect. b4 yaz ask why my intake is in the roof...... it draws from a low point into the roof through the fan then into my room.. so im gonna come up with some rubber mount of some sort to buffer the vibrations.... its not a strong fan seems strange that it makes such a noise.......hhhhmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom