Ducting and condensation intake cold air?

cnile

im pulling from cold air and water is condensing on my ducting. i imagine once i add the light and get it all tented in if the fan is on high pushing cold air to the light water will also condense on my light fixture.

anyone seen this or use insulated ducting. even if it was insulated duct it will probably still condense on light.

the air is like 20F now im pulling in

DSCN114510.JPG

Re: ducting and condensation intake cold air

ok well i guess this is a common problem with growers and there is no easy fix. insulated ducting will keep the cold air cold until it hits the light, causing it to get very cold, causing the water in the air to condense on it

i dont want that so what ill do is pull from another room during very cold months of winter and exhaust to house to heat home

during summer the window vent will be connected pulling from outside to cool the lights and exchange fresh air.

if anyone else runs into this problem it is posted on many growing forums its just a little tricky to weed through it all and find their solutions. most of which did not work except pulling warmer air.

The warm air condenses on the cold ducting, it always condense on cold stuff not on any light that is warm.
So insulating would help that your warm air cant reach the cold part.

Insulating the ducts will fix the dripping off them for sure.. You will get condensation in /on the light housing if the air is cold enough to bring the housing below the dewpoint of the air in the tent. Not sure how cold it would have to be to do this, lots of factors including temperature humidity and how many Btu your light throws but I am guessing 20f might cause condensation. You should be able to find an inline heater for the ducting as a last resort.

Insulating the ducts will fix the dripping off them for sure.. You will get condensation in /on the light housing if the air is cold enough to bring the housing below the dewpoint of the air in the tent. Not sure how cold it would have to be to do this, lots of factors including temperature humidity and how many Btu your light throws but I am guessing 20f might cause condensation. You should be able to find an inline heater for the ducting as a last resort.

thanks.
forgot they made those. the inline heater im sure will work if i have to

it is the fixture im worried will chill and condense moisture

im pulling from inside. its a little warm. ill have to come up with something here soon

Back
Top Bottom