Noob Thinking About Getting Started!

I am going to be following your SIP guide and making my own since it seems like the idiot proof way to grow/water and also as a lazy person I appreciate things that take less effort. Only issue is if I can figure it out...
Excellent. Ask any questions along the way, here or in SIP Club. We have a few new growers working on their first grows over there so you have plenty of company.
(Is this why I see people leaving water out overnight in buckets?) And should I be testing my water or just go ahead and use tap?
That's the reason. Most tap water is fine as is unless you see an unusual amount of mineral buildup around your faucets. Do you grow any houseplants with it?
But I really wanted to stick with LEDs since the cost side seems way better.
Better for your wallet, less heat is produced, better spectrum of light, etc. Lots of reasons to grow with LEDs.

The thing is, I want to feel really comfortable and be able to visualize each step to know what to expect. I know myself and once it starts, if it goes poorly I may just give up or start giving myself sh*t.
No worries. And I get that it is jumping off into the great unknown. But there are plenty of helpful growers happy to offer advice and help you troubleshoot any issues.

I think I'll get a grow kit and start this journey though and begin a journal post ;) - Also can't thank you enough. I have about 3-5 more hours of digesting everything you said ahead of me. I also get distracted easily...
Put a link here when you do so we can follow you over. :thumb:

My first grow was with Northern lights auto. I wanted budget small but I did spend money on a viverspectra light from Amazon.

I wrote down everything I did. Keeping great notes is important. I did start with a hydro grow on my first attempt. Everything went perfectly. I grew it in a bedroom closet. Covered the walls with cheap “nasa blanket”. About $2 on Amazon.

If you can afford a good light this is we’re I’d spend my money on.

Northern lights is super hardy and forgiving. When it was finished and cured I had 16oz of great buds. The main cola was the size of my arm. See pic.

I’ve moved since and now my grows are with Happy Frog.

5D9CC92C-A8EF-440D-B28A-914E892AB259.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom