these plants want to come up with leaves on top (of course) but the grow with long stems. am i not using enough light ? i have read/studied lupey journal and he uses LOTS of light and plants emerge 'normally'. right now am using 4 40w fl bulb fixtures in 10'x10' room. am thinking i need much more light.

these plants want to come up with leaves on top (of course) but the grow with long stems. am i not using enough light ? i have read/studied lupey journal and he uses LOTS of light and plants emerge 'normally'. right now am using 4 40w fl bulb fixtures in 10'x10' room. am thinking i need much more light.
. A wise person on here told me rule of thumb is 50w per square foot. If you wanna use cdl lighting you may need to use higher powered one's. I was doing the same exact thing as you. My first plant stretched like crazy.

That is probably too high I started with a 105w - 400w equivalent at 24" if you have a smart phone download the app physics toolbox lux meter. You should have over 15000 lux at the top of your plant. Under 15000 causes stretch and spindly growth.

I got this app lupey. Holy crap this is amazing. Try drinking with your friends and using the geforce one and see who can hit the best out of 3 punches! my smart phone would only ready up to 10,000 lux but my girlfriends phone would read max. I think you need a smartphone with a inferred camera to take full advantage of the lux meter!

from my little experience the light IS the biggest factor. can't overdue the light . wanna waste time and 'money' , don't use enough light. your suggestions are right on lupey, thks.

Lupey, do you use 18-6 from the very beginning, or only as she's starting to flower? I've got 4 Northern Lights started, but they seem to be moving really slowly. The end of the 2nd week was yesterday. I'm using Coco Coir and General Hydroponics products mixed as per Nebula Haze at groweedeasy.com. I started them in a space bucket. They've got (2) 120mm fans running and 138 watts of CFL (6x23 watts), 7 inches above them. Is that too close? Temps are between 65 and 78 all the time and lights are on 24/7 right now (for the first 2 weeks.

Appreciate any advice
Weedineer

Day14-Dec-11-2016-04_resize.JPG
Day14-Dec-11-2016-03_resize.JPG
Day14-Dec-11-2016-01_resize.JPG

Thanks old school. This I was able to figure out, I just didn't know how much of the stunting was due to that. I am letting the medium dry almost completely between watering. Even with lots of cuts at the bottom though, it doesn't seem like the Solo cups let them breathe enough. Next time I'm gonna go directly into the 10 liter pots. There's so much to learn! This is my first indoor grow of anything.

So newbie question to OS and Lupey. These are CKS Northern Lights feminized auto flower. Does the stunting mean I have more time for vegetative growth, or are they on a fixed timeframe (flowering is gonna start at 8 weeks come hell or high water).

Back
Top Bottom