Nute burn.

Re: Nute burn.......

500 should be ok...50ppm is not very significant...and your gals may be able to take 600ppm...depends on the local water...

but start them low, then inch them up until you see them starting to yellow. Better this way then the entire yield going yellow! Remember, when you stress them yellow, they could die, and it may take them 2 weeks to recover from the stress...lost time is a big mistake!

honestly they are just the fluros my hydro guy told me to get started with... i didnt study their wattage or light output to be honnest with you..since i stopped useing the fluro and placed them under the 600w they are actually growing...which is good. but as mentioned they are not that deep healthy green we all want. its giving me the shits, but i didnt expect any miricles with my first grow...... (first indoor grow) i have had a shit load of success with out door over the years, but this is a totally different league.... its fun but there is a lot to learn....people like your self are quite helpful though....

Ok.... so....... start the feeding cycle with the existing 500ppm nutes that are already in the res.... my hydro guy says water 4 times a day for 15 min....what do u think?

Then start by soaking them in a tub for an hour with plain 6.0 water. This will dilute the food soln inside the 1" cube, and hopefully stop the yellowing.

Flood/drain at least 1 hour a day...but in a 1" cube...very odd, will dry out quickly...I would get them into a 4" cube pronto...soak the 4' cube with 6.0 food soln before you put the 1" into the 4"...

are they too young for this???? should i just hand water with ph 6 water ....... this is where im i bit unsure.....????

with a 1" cube, you would have to water several times a day...dont let them dry out...and with such a tiny cube, that can happen very quickly...

yes, you are right, with a 1" cube, just hand water to get the ppm down...sorry, not used to 1" cubes...get them into 4" cubes...

But the 1 inch cube is burried in a rockwool slab... the slab retains moisture wich in turn keeps the cube moist....sooo that causes confusion.....too much water??? not
enough?? remembering its not a small slab the cube is on.

im gonna dilute my solution just a bit and put them back on a feeding cycle. the hydro dude says 4 times a day for 15 min..... what do u think????

I dont know what a slab is, how many inches deep is it?

I can only tell you what i do with cubes...do not discount what your hydro guy tells you...just dont let the rockwool dry out, that will cause the drooping...

I guess you cannot tell if you have roots under the slab...I would probably flood for 90mins a day, in the morning cycle, and keep an eye on them...

Cheers

Hey Aussie,

Just thinking, flooding for 15 mins, 4 times a day...how bad could that be? If thats what your guy recommends, then do that...

Also, I suggested 450ppm, because thats is what my gals are thriving on, which is like 50% of the suggested ppm from my food manufacturer, Gen-Hydro, so i would start with like 50% of what your food label says, which since you are yellowing, should be less than 500ppm...

Also, of course I am just guessing about all of this...yellow can be from anything, disease, bugs, etc...But I think in such a young stage, it is probably nute burn...

Cheers

yeah i agree.. i just put about 8 to 10 ltrs of ph'd 6.0 wtr in my res to dilute a bit and set timer to flood for 15 min every 6 hrs. shouldi trim the damaged leaves?? keeping in mind they are young and the newer leaves seem quite healthy (besides that slight yellow tinge) the tips of the older leaves do look quite shitty. hmmmm trim or not to trim?????

I am told to trim, since they will steal nutrition from the plant...and the leaves are doomed anyway...

I am also told only trim if they are very bad, just being yellow is not a good reason...

I think if they are like dried leaves...then definitely trim

Well i just trimmed the really damaged/burnt leaves, and once taken away from the hps light the leaves dont appear to be as yellow as first thought...... that spectrum tricks your eyes..... anyway the bernt leaves are gone and hiting them with the feeding cycle previously mentioned.... im hopen for the best... il try keep u infomed as you have been of great assistance. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom