Nutrient Burn?

W!CK

Hello All:

I am currently growing 6 Super Silver Haze Females grown from clones indoor, the setup is as follows and we are currently in 1st half of week 8 flowering.

Deep Water Culture setup with 8 Gallon reservoir, currently topping off to 6 gal mark when the res gets down to 3 gals or so. Im using an airstone and another reg 250/gal minute pump to deliver nutrients to root zone.

Im using GH trio and have been using 1-2-3 While in flowering.

I also introduce 35% H202 when I top off the res, to the tune of about 5 drops per/gallon, 5 drops per/gal b4 the fill and run the pumps, then fill and add the rest and run pumps.

Lighting system is all fluorescent, 3 4bulb 2ft t5 fixtures with a mix of full spec and bloom bulbs; 1 unit on top and 2 on sides and then another cfl bloom bulb in front kicking out another 3k lumens, so 27k lumens total.

Sometimes I have temp spikes in the grow area up to 78 or so, but the root zone stays nice and cool plus im using the h202 and the water is nice and clear. I keep the ph at 6 or "light yellow" according to my liq ph test kit.

The nutrient pumps and airstone come on once an hour for 5 minutes. During the entire flowering cycle I've kept the lights on 12/12. I've been leaving the pumps on during the nite cycle so they're still getting fed while sleeping.

I'm noticing many of the fan leaves are looking like nutrient burn with a darkening in the leaves as well (a lightening effect with dark midle strip thingy.) I hope this is obvious in the photos I've included. All of the bud leaflets are nice and healthy looking, some are slightly crisped at the very very tips, but that's it.

I've theorized it could be leaving the pumps nute pumps on at night but I figure I best not risk it at this stage of the game, I need some guidance, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

W!CK

Here are the links to the photos:

uno2.JPG

dos2.JPG

tres2.JPG

PS-Im following the directions on how to post pics properly and not in link format, but I'm using FireFox, perhaps this is why?

I was just looking at these threads a while ago.. Seems like you might have magnesium or potassium deficiency.. let's see what the pros have to say.. but hang in there!

I'm gearing up towards the same setup as you. 4 2ft T5s on top, and 4 more on each side as well. I'd be interested in seeing more pics of your grow if you get a chance man, thanks.

And regarding your image link posting issue, I'm using firefox 3.05 and am not having any trouble putting up pics through the 'insert image' tool... :scratchinghead:

Hello and thanks to those of you who even attempted to help.

I drained and flushed 2x, 2 gallons of spring water each time, the 2nd one I added 10 drops of 35% H202.

Refilled with nutrient soulution, GH trio with a 1/2 - 2-2 ratio.......

I think it was just nute buildup causing lock out......everything should be fine considering that the 15th marks end week 8.

I'll probably start flushing on Thursday for 3 or 4 days.....they're pretty much done, buds look great----Buds grown under fluorescent are only half as big as ones under HPS, so Im pleased.

learning learning

W!CK

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom