Curly's 2nd grow : mini WihiteWid SoG under T5s

curlybud

So here we go... I took 9 WW cuttings from my mom plant and am hoping to get a nice little SoG going... I went with soil, as I can not keep my water temps low enough for hydro, especially in summer. Here goes!

Clones after about a week - they were initially in soil, and after taking a bad spill, dropping the tray and scattering them, I decided to move them to rockwool. This was right after moving them, they had already begun to eat themselves pretty good. I flipped the rockwool cubes upside down and trimmed them a little before planting the clones to give the roots a wee bit more room to develop in.
100_5758.JPG

phpYJr7HnPM.jpg

Rooted clones after about 3 weeks - success rate, 9 out of 9! Looks like the spill didn't hurt them one bit! I discarded the one with the least roots as I only have room for 8. It's such an awesome feeling to get up in the morning, check on them, and see they've finally rooted! I left them a few more days in the cubes and humidity dome to let the ones that hadn't rooted yet catch up a little. One thing that I did when taking the clones was scratch the base of the cutting's stem with a knife a little to remove a bit of the green skin before dipping them in the rooting gel. Exposing more of the plant's stem to the hormone seems to have helped.
php72orazPM.jpg

Then I transplanted them into 6" square pots where I hope to flower them to the end. This was day 1, right after the transplant, I gave them 24hrs under 6500k bulbs to settle in before flipping. I also gave the soil a good flush with tap water to try and remove most of the nutes that it came with as I was afraid it might burn them.
phpdIcnQcPM.jpg

And here we are today, day 8 of flowering, lots of beautiful growth! The ones on the left (particularly far left) seems a little bothered by the fan, but I have no choice as space is very limited. I only fed once so far, plain 24hr tap water with some B1 & Bcuzz root stimulator. I think I'm gonna feed them grow nutes for a few weeks before switching to flower. Next feed will probably see them get 4-500ppm or so, knowing my tap water carries 150ppm.

I'm a little worried the 6" pots might be too small to finish them in and that they might get root bound... I'm not sure how tall they will grow, either... time will tell!
phpopiG3LPM.jpg

that's it for now!

Are they in 12/12 right now? If so I don't think they'd be getting root bound. But what do I know, I'm a rookie ;) They look nice and healthy though. I hope they stay that way, you must have good tap water.

Are they in 12/12 right now? If so I don't think they'd be getting root bound. But what do I know, I'm a rookie ;) They look nice and healthy though. I hope they stay that way, you must have good tap water.

Thanks man! It's city tapwater... I never really had it analyzed, but it constantly reads 150ppm, and I've used it with everything, from seed sprouting to watering after leaving it out for 24hrs and stirring it a few times :smokin:

And also thanks DroJo and Ms Fox! I'd guesstimate those pots to be about a gallon, so hopefully they'll stay under a foot.

Great looking clones man they couldn't look any better!

The pots seem a little small, but if you have to they will probably make it.
edit: My last grow was 12/12 from seed and two out of three ended up at about 2.5ft. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Good luck brother

Great looking clones man they couldn't look any better!

The pots seem a little small, but if you have to they will probably make it.
edit: My last grow was 12/12 from seed and two out of three ended up at about 2.5ft. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Good luck brother

Cheers Doc. I've got my lights as low as possible to try and keep them from stretching too much. Hope it helps! :)

Update time - flowering day 13

The flowers are starting to appear = happy happy happy !
1_1_1.JPG

Plants are just under 7" tall and seem to be growing about an inch every 3 or so days.
1_5_.JPG

The happy family
1_4_1.JPG

1_2_1.JPG

1_3_2.JPG

I forgot to talk about my soil too... I have used Premier ProMix with about 1/5 vermiculite and a bit over 1/4 perlite. Works great, drains well and the roots get great oxygen. As the soil dries up, the perlite browns a little, which I had not noticed in my 1st grow. When I water, it becomes white again. Weird!

Oh and this may come across as a dumb question, but will I need chicken wire or similar to support the plants once they begin to fatten? Never SoGd before.

:roorrip:

Hey curlybud, they look healthy for sure. What's your pH at though, I see you're watering with city. Are you letting the water de-chlorinate for a few days before watering you girls?
It looks to me that your pH is high. Don't worry about the chicken wire. If you keep a fan blowing on them through out the grow their stems will stay nice and strong for you. Keep up the good work! :roorrip:

Thanks Tunes420!

And DeadTour - the water's pH is a little over 7 straight out of the tap, and I try to rotate between 6.7, 6.5 and 6.3 when I water, as McBudz recommended once. Water is de-cholrinated too, for min 24hrs.
1_4_1.JPG

And yeah, the middle ones, bottom row do have a few weird leaves... I've never measured my runoff, but it's the exact same soil mix in the pots, and I feed the same nutes, prepared in the same batch, so wouldn't they all be showing signs of trouble if the pH was off? Could it be heat stress since the T5 tubes are pretty close?

Still Growing?

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom