Amateur Hour 2012

Re: Amateur Hour '12

That's riiight... gotta go get me some chewy sprees now.

I have it ground up in the bowl piece. Hardly even looks like weed now. Just hair

Thanks! Tarp on the cement floor and Poly paper on the walls.

Anything between the floor and the tarp? I cut some blue sleeping mats for camping and used that under the plastic. It keeps the wet dirt at the bottom of the pot a bit warmer, and I feel I am seeing better growth on my second batch, but that could be from better lighting as well.

No, but it was a 10x25' tarp I believe.. and this is all in a 6x7' closet.
I have it folded over quite a few times.
And as of right now I only have one plant actually on the floor. The other four are in a 2x2' drainage tub. Hempys were what I wanted in the tub, but not right now.
I've been meaning to find some wood and get a table in there. So I can raise all the plants up on one level, ideally about 2' off the floor.
Then it won't be such a hassle reaching in on my knees.

Very true. Gives me an idea.
I know a few business owners who have stacks of those bread racks piled up. They aren't very tall but they're larger, and stackable.
If they can cover my floor evenly and be stable that may be the way to go.

Thanks GreenChrome.

great high as fuyck about to go get higher :p ordering 4/20 Munchies food :) getting fried twinkes and a 1 foot hot dog with chilli and chesse sause ;) hell ya so baked :)

Holy crap.. Don't kill yerself. Although a chili cheese dog sounds pretty freaking good. Finished a large Hawaiian pizza earlier, but i'm starting to get some rumblies in my tummy.

lmao ya its a 2 hour wait so i know ill get super muncihes then xD

smoked about 2 oz so far of medical with GMP ;) get a regular dog (1 foot hot dog) with fires a drink and fried twinkies with bronwies :)

well.. Z, the unwanted one I put into to flower
turned out to be male, or hermie or something,
had pistils, but I noticed little balls forming.
I wasn't 100% sure they were pollen sacks,
yet I was mainly concerned about my girls being subjected to such things,
rather than losing a plant. So he's gone.

I'm just glad I saw em. I haven't checked it close up since I set into flower.
I do have a clone of it.......................................................................
I don't have a lot of room but I wanted seeds of this Indica strain I have flowering.
I wonder.. I'd need another room. /:

OH man. The buds are filling in nicely. So far the plant in which I groomed the least has the healthiest/most bud sites. Even lower on the plant, where there is less light due to the fan leaves I have left attatched.
One thing I wish I had done would have been reduce their veg time. I lollipopped them all prior to flowering, but then I waited a couple weeks to actually change their light schedule. Due to this a lot of the lower popcorn buds I wanted to avoid are still forming.

As for the Mini SOG.. It's going excellent! The buds are starting to form on the first batch, which have stretched another 1" or so.
And the second batch is starting to show some healthy growth. Also I lied to you guys in one of my previous posts, the second batch only got 5 days of veg time due to slow rooting. Yet I believe they will be healthier. They were a little larger and I let the roots form a little longer. We'll see if 5 extra days makes a large difference.

I have not potted the third batch yet either due to no roots. I'm trying to keep up with the schedule of putting 5 to flower every 10 days, a bit more challenging than I predicted. So to get a jump start I took the fourth batch of clones this morning, which are bigger then any of the other clones. Then I'll be able to get at least another batch of clones out of the Y mom. By then my Cotton Candy, Twilight, and Frisian Dew will be ready to be the new test subjects.

Also I purchased three new products I wanted to try out.
Big Bud
Overdrive
and Snowstorm Ultra
Does anybody out there have experience/suggestions with using these?

I really want to try Overdrive and Big Bud, everything I hear is that it's awesome and they do what they say.
After further researching I should have purchased Bud Blood too. If I were to correctly utilize these, my Mini SOG might just become the best idea I've ever had. Trying to get every gram I can out of these shortys, just don't want to end up sacrificing potency.

Nice post Mr. M.

I also just bought Big Bud, and will be trying it out tonight. With all of your cloning sets, I thought I would ask a couple questions. Do you notice any relationship between the size of the clone taken and the quickness of its root development? How much time passes from cutting to rooting in your setup? At my old apartment, I got roots within a week. Last time I tried at our new place, I was pushing three weeks.

Any fresh pics?

You are spot on GreenChrome, there has been a few variations. Like you, my first batch rooted in under a week. My second batch took probably close to two weeks. And the third batch has been in about a week and a half, there are a couple white spots where roots look to be trying to come out but none have shown themselves.

My theory is how woody the cutting is. The first ones were weaker cuttings from the bottom area of the plant. Then the second batch was taken closer to the top. I also topped the plant at this point in time which seemed to promote thicker branches as well, causing the third batch to be a little stiffer.

Another variable that I can think of would be temperature. I acquired the T5s shortly after planting the first batch. They are not too hot to the touch but they definitely raised the temperature of my room. I had thought warmer temps were supposed to help rooting so this might not be related.

Last thing I can think of would be light... I had a couple clones start budding while they were on the cloner. Thought this was strange because they were in constant light, they rooted after a couple weeks. But the variation of light could have affected the clones preventing rooting.

And Pics will be up tomorrow! I can't believe I actually have real colas forming :D
Also the mini SOG is very nice if I must say so. All the plants look extremely healthy, happy, and content with the amount of light they're receiving as of now. Once the box fills up I can start testing with defoliation.

So the weaker cuttings from the bottom of the plant did the best? That would be good news, keeps us from having to sacrifice bud sites. Our grows seem to be similar, so I hope you dont mind if I bounce questions off of you now and then.

When I took clones at my old apartment I used two small 24w flourescents suspended from a homemade mount. Will post pictures of it in my jounal later tonight or tomorrow. I installed a shelf above the water heater in a closet. It stayed nice and warm and they were popping roots out of the rapid rooter plugs in as little as 5 days for the first one or two, with most done in a week and a half.

This time, I had set up the cabinet in my garage before I had my rooms set up. The one light I had at the time did not warm up the garage, and we went through a cold snap. I used a heat mat under the dome tray, and had them under a 250w flourescent. I just read recently that clones need low to medium light intensity, so I swapped the lights back to the old apartment one. I wont be taking clones for nearly another month for my grow, but maybe I will do some experimenting and try to get the cloning time down.

I will look for those pics tomorrow, how far into flowering are they now?

Back
Top Bottom