1 x Royal Queen Seeds Blue Mistic Feminized
1 x Royal Queen Seeds Special Queen #1 Feminized
1 x Royal Queen Seeds Ice Feminized
1 x Paradise Nebula Feminized
1 x Paradise Seeds Acid Feminized
1 x Paradise Seeds Wappa Feminized

4 x Seriously pot bound bagseed sativa already flowering
4 x Small cuttings from the bagseed also flowering

2 of the feminized freebies didn't germinate, one each from Paradise and Royal Queen. I don't know which ones didn't from each group of three though, but I'm pretty sure Wappa is alive and well, as it looks very Indica compared to the others. Both Auto's came up, the NL auto is very slow... You'll see all that when the pics are posted.

SUBSTRATE & NUTES

I set the seeds off in some standard seedling mix, but have decided to switch to Canna Professional (not plus). Will be using their Terra nutes and full range of additives also.

Pot size for the SOG are about 7 liters. The hash plants will also be potted on into the same size pots, but will be kept in veg, and cuttings taken to determine sex.

I just thought I'd sow & flower the freebies off and continue with the neglected bagseed sativas while I'm waiting. Time wise I'm hoping it works out about right. After which I can get a proper SOG going with Hash Plant clones. As it is, I can see a bit of pot raising coming my way this first time around. The bagseed plants will continue to be abused, and will get what I feed the freebies. I've still got loads of it from last time, and frankly, they're only there to fill a bit of the space up. Well, maybe I just didn't have the heart to throw them out as well....they're little fighters for sure.

I got so many freebies, as I also bought....
10 x Sensi Jack Herer
10 x Subcool Querkle
They're being chilled in rice for the time being though.

I think thats about it for the description, anything else should be pretty self explanatory once the pics are posted.

Bertie

Re: Berties Wardrobe SOG Cocktail Party

Hi Gator1, it's a built in wardrobe. A little over 6' long, just under 2' wide and about 9' tall. Enough room for 13 main colas, and a bit of side branching.

I know the 2 x 400W is a bit of overkill, but the shape dictated that.

It's for personal only, so I'm not fussed about it. I could have extended outwards and grew more, but with the wardrobe doors back on their runners, it is super stealthy, I like it like that.

I hunted high and low for square pots, or something a little taller even, but these round ones were the best I could find. A little bit of floor space wasted, but I'll live with it for the time being.

Pics will be tomorrow, as I must go out shortly.

:peace:
Bertie

Re: Berties Wardrobe SOG Cocktail Party

I'll just amend something. It wasn't one each of Paradise and Royal Queen seeds that didn't germinate. It was one hash plant, and one paradise fem.

Only just found charger for camera, having turned house upside down looking for it.

Back in a few hours.

Hi Steve, I used Attitude.

After spending about a month building/converting this thing. I finally came to switch the 2 x 400w's on. I let it run for 45 minutes, and temps rocketed to 99.2 degrees.

As I have the cooltubes venting through the veg area, it was way too hot in there also, and plants started to wilt. I've switched the sodiums off, and I'm trying to fathom out a way to make this happen (without having to pull the whole thing apart).

Absolutley fed up!

I just cant think of a way around this. I must get the cooltube air straight out, that is now a no brainer. I also need to pull the radiant heat out also, as that is what made it shoot up to 99+ degrees, and then I must vent the veg area separately as well.

So I'm looking at another Odor Sok, 2 more in line fans, more ducting.

Later, maybe
Bertie.

Heres a couple of pics of how i have things set up, and the last one is a possible solution. i intend to get another odor sok, and another in line fan., Also will be switching the current Sok and fan to the other side, so it pull through the veg area, and out through the tubes. Also will add another of each just to take the heat out of the flowering area.

You'll notice the metal trim around each of the 4 openings. I have made some light weight doors/panels, with magnetic tape glued to them, so it is nice n airtight apart from the passive intake (intakes after I've done the next bit of messing around. Hopefully the extra fan and sok will do it, if not I don;t know what else I can do.

Anyway, just thought I'd show some pics, so you can see my problem. cant get fan/sok/ducting until Tuesday. So I'll update again then. I'll pull it out with a fucking jet engine if I have to, but hopefully it wont come to that. When i grew in the early 90's I was in a different Country, and it wasn't a heat issue back then, it was the cold that caused problems. It's a whole new ball game.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all eyes...

Bertie

Might help if I add the pics. :)

009468.JPG

001724.JPG

new74.JPG

A quick post to let mods know I haven't abandoned the journal.

Just been working around the above issues. All going well, should be back on track in a day or two as I've changed things around slightly, and will be testing temps again in a few hours. All going well, I'll pot on, and start updating again.

Bertie

Managed to get temps down to 84 - 85 (at last) with loads of air exchange. I think that'll be good enough. I put a centrifugal fan between the two cool tubes, and stuck another odorsok on. That got it down to 89 - 90, so I then set the AC to 78 in the room where the air is being drawn from, and that got it down to 84 - 85. I guess if i turned it down a little more it would drop a little more also, but I'll run it at that and see what happens. Like I say, the air exchange is quite a lot, and loads of air movement inside also, so 84 - 85 should be fine. It does seem a little wasteful sucking out the AC air through the cool tubes, but thats what I ended up doing, otherwise it would have turned into a closed unit with C02 regulators and all sorts (I cant be bothered with all that).

Have potted on, but not much to look at. Will post pics a little later (battery charging).

I'm giving them a bit of a veg boost for a few days under the HPS's before switching to 12/12. I'm also having to cover the abused bag seed ones so they remain in flower. Going to take hash plant cuttings shortly.

The Royal Dwarf Auto, as small as it is, has a whiff of chocolate about it. I think I'll be lucky to get a 1/4 off it, but it is developing a nice smell, something I've never sniffed before with weed anyway.

Bertie

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom