Amateur Hour 2012

Mr.M

Hey Everyone! I decided to start a Journal to follow a quick mock up in a poly divided 6x7 closet. Along with a miniature SOG I wanted to test.

Lights:
600W HPS Interlux Bulb/Phantom Ballast
4ft 8-Bulb Pioneer T5s
4x85W CFL
200W CFL for SOG

Misc.
White King Wing Reflector(or something like that)
6" Max Fan exhausting heat out of the closet(no filter)
2Gal Cloner
Various Smart Pots

Strains I will be growing as of now will be; Cotton Candy, Frisian Dew, & Twilight.

&bagseeds:
I have a year old re-vegged mother that got started in a flower box on my windowsill just about 11 months ago. Brought it inside, finished it off under two of the 85watters, with a yield of 1.3ish ounces of some fantastic dense delicious buds. It was so good I decided to re-vegg and then produce clones, with hopes of improving the buds and yield.:morenutes:

I also planted three other bagseeds, but only two are now fully thriving, clone producing females.

These I will Label as X, Y, and Z.

Flowering I have 4 Clones of X, the plant that could survive for 11 months under my absentminded watch. I have 2 planted in 2-liter soda bottles, and 2 in 1.5 Gal green plastic pots.
IMG_002327.JPG

Don't ridicule me on wasted light :nomo: Just couldn't wait to throw some under the 600w as soon as I could. Light is about 1.5 ft above canopy.

Mothers I have under the T5s for now. Might stay might not.
IMG_004925.JPG

X

IMG_004819.JPG

Y(she's pretty)

IMG_004719.JPG

Z(she's the ugly one which I had to break and cut to produce clonable parts)
SORRY FOR THE SIDEWAYS PICS
IMG_005025.JPG

Soon to be Surrogates

Clones:
IMG_005222.JPG

Three pretty ones on left are from Y
Left Center in the back is the topped part from Z
The three on the right in the smart pots are clones from X
(strangely started budding while in the cloner.. they were receiving 24hr light but very weak amount. Potted for now, probably gonna trash em soon)
Then a clone I excluded from my Mini SOG due to re-evaluating my project. It'll go under the HPS at some point to see how it does in a 1ltr haha..

SOG
20120401_093943.jpg

Original idea for 1ltr SOG
Removed one clone from op. Set them going 5 across the box instead of 6 going long ways. This will allow me to introduce clones into flowering every ten days. Only problem so far is consistent rooting. The first batch from Y rooted in about a week. It's been 12 days now and I switched the original batch to flower. I had hoped to have them potted by now so they could get 10 days of growth before flower but no. sooooooo postponement is in order. Although first five are still under 12/12.
This picture was taken 12 days ago, they are about 5 or 6 in tall now(maybe more). Tomorrow I will update with a better quality image. I don't want to open the box while they sleep :Namaste:

Re: Amateur Hour '12

Thanks guys! The more the merrier

High there Mr.M! Hope you don't mind me following along! Looks like you got some bushy plants can't wait to see them in flower.

Super bushy.. and unruly. But good vigorous growth. I wanted to do a Scrog but I like being able to move stuff around. I did a couple different trimming techniques on the four in flower. All were lollipopped a few weeks before veg, then the two on the left got trimmed quite a bit right before flower.

Have you thought about SCROG individually? Meaning set up a screen on top and the base connects to the pot so that you can still move them around while SCROGing along. It will definitely help spread even the top providing equal light penetrations to each colas. What do you think?

Oh definitely. I've thought of trying this, just haven't seen any examples. I was thinking stakes could work with netting or fencing attached on top.
This is my current method of tying.
IMG_006421.JPG

I took a pic this morning of the box with the 1liters. But oddly it's not on my memory card..

Check this out though.
This is the Frisian Dew.
Started out normal, then the nodes started alternating on the second one. Then it grew this strange double leaf thing.
IMG_005916.JPG

Here's some info on the seeds I planted. Which by the way are growing great, new growths everyday.

Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy:
Feminized
Sativa Dominant
Harvest Time = 60-70 days
THC = 20%

Dutch Passion Twilight:
Feminized
100% Indica
Harvest Time - 49-56 days
THC = 15%

Dutch Passion Frisian Dew:
Feminized
50/50
Not much other info I could find besides Very Heavy Yielding.

The three Y clones and the one Z clone should be going under the HPS in a week or two.
I'm thinking about shoving the Z mother in on the side too. Her and her clones are quite the pain to grow.. not to mention sloooww

Planted 5 new Y-clones into 1 liters.
They're bigger than the original batch. They also had a better root system going, except one that took longer than the others. BTW all these photos were with my phone. Left my camera at a buddies.
20120415_093721.jpg

A pic of the original batch. 10 days of veg. 5th day of 12/12
I think I could let them veg longer. We'll see how much these Y-clones stretch though.
20120415_092807.jpg

The beginnings! 15th day of 12/12
(again sorry for being sideways. I'll stop doing it)
20120415_093954.jpg

Then some training on Y-clones, and then an odd root shot.
20120415_093821.jpg
20120415_093923.jpg
20120415_090829.jpg

Just realized I haven't mentioned the type of noootz

I'm finishing up the last bit of The Technaflora Recipe for Success. I had the whole line except for awesome blossoms but now all I have left is the main three-part products and some Thrive Alive B-1.
I have been mixing in Wet Betty into all mixes, then Bud Candy into the bloom mix since Sugar Daddy ran out. I also use Wet Betty in my foliar spray along with a kelp, fish, etc.(it doesn't say whats in it) mix provided by a local hydro shop.

Once the Technaflora is gone I have some dry General Hydroponics as well as the Flora Nova two-part products and Roots Organics HPK and HP2.

I'm also going to try a couple individual tests with Bushmaster. Thinking maybe in the mini SOG I can let them grow to be about 15-19 inchs in a 1 Liter (probably gonna have to be re-potted and have the roots cut back). Then switch them into 12/12 and introduce a little Bushmaster to stomp out any stretching and cut back budding time with only a small shot at the potency of the plants.

Only problem with nutes so far is one burning I put onto the four in flower. I had used some organic shit, instead of the Technaflora mix, with a ppm of 900.. but strangely only 3 showed adverse effects. The one that didn't burn seemed to turn darker green, almost as if it got too much nitrogen. But the other three turned light green and several fan leaves burnt up to a crisp. I gave them the same mix of nutes, the 1.5 gal received 3 cups while the two liters received 1ish cups.

I think the burning stressed em out and set them back a couple days.

PROGRESS.
Slowly but surely. Day 18 of 12/12 (although I forgot to mention my original timer got all out of whack the first week, so they got maybe 2 and 1/2 days of straight light 2 days into trying to change the schedule)
20120418_144401.jpg
20120418_144411.jpg

Tossed this lady under two days ago.. been calling her Z
Trimmed 1" off all sides of roots, placed back in pot with a little fresh dirt. Soaked with some Thrive Alive B-1, didn't show a single sign of stress and started growing the same day she went under the HPS. Wish I had done this with the other 4 X clones, I'd probably get a better yield without them being root bound.. oh well
20120418_144423.jpg
20120417_084502.jpg

This morning was the first time I really noticed some stretching on the Minis.
The taller ones grew 1.5" to 2" just yesterday/last night
IMG_000152.JPG
IMG_000258.JPG

Then some more pre-buds
IMG_000352.JPG
IMG_000740.JPG
IMG_000643.JPG
IMG_000458.JPG

Second Batch.

IMG_000835.JPG

BTW...

HAPPY 420!:ganjamon::woohoo::theband::Rasta::goof:

Wow man im so aked from this new "waterpipe" lol it has a perk and ich cather and is like 2 feet half :)

HELL YEAH! I need one of those. Been working with the straight up bong, I can only get to the right spot when I have some danky. Otherwise I gotta head over to my buddies for the percolator. I had a nice Zong a few years back, ice chambers on the corners, but sadly the 5-0 got ahold of it after I let a friend use it.

What's spree? never heard of that, has a good sound to it though hmmmmmm

Some delicious sweet and hairy
My smokage for the day from a local

IMG_001036.JPG

Back
Top Bottom