Nutrient lockdown?

This is my previous meter which is currently reading 430 ppm and the new one reads 350

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200701-134812_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200701-134812_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 29
I fear this is going down a rabbit hole :rofl:

@MochaBud can probably explain this soooooo much better
:hmmmm: Uh yah...lol... Well I have done hydro, but it was many years ago, so lets differ to a hydro/DWC grower, Hey @West Hippie need a lil help here :popcorn:

Most are Hanna scale in the US , notice .5 is the EC which blue labs calls a conversion only . As you see it’s 50 ppm difference between.5-1.0 . If you use the hydro bible you’ll use ppm .

?????

I'm sorry, I may need this spelled out more. I am in Canada although not sure where tds meter came from.

If my meter reads 400 ppm, what does that mean? How do I apply this to the chart?

My grow is in early-mid veg stage so I'm shooting for about 450 to 700 ppm I believe....

Lol my first soil grow was a constant battle with the mites. I switched to hydro and had no trouble the first grow. It's all a grand experiment for me and had read that girl scout cookies preferred organic so thought I would try.

So far this grow is not going as smoothly.

I know I'm a total newb. I didn't use a conversation factor at all on my last grow. Perhaps I should have
I think you should try General hydroponics 3 part for your hydro, works great for me. And good luck with the spider mites. I killed them with neem oil and azamax, azamax is like super neem oil extract. It’s like 35 bucks. It eats the bugs exoskeleton and makes it so they can’t reproduce. Get you some asap. Good luck bro

Thanks I was definitely leaning towards neem oil and insecticidal soap. (Is that same?)

I used dr. Doom fogger with the soil grow and it wasn't effective enough for my liking.

However, it is Canada day and store was closed, so will have to try again tomorrow

?????

I'm sorry, I may need this spelled out more. I am in Canada although not sure where tds meter came from.

If my meter reads 400 ppm, what does that mean? How do I apply this to the chart?

My grow is in early-mid veg stage so I'm shooting for about 450 to 700 ppm I believe....
Are you using to water or tap ? My tap water is 350 ppm plus at times with a 8.4 ph . My ro water is 19 ppm with a ph of 7.2

Soil is more of an art form.... but the end product is well worth the time and effort.

All cannabis will do better in organic soil. 420% on that.

Soil - been here for a few BILLION years plants 300 million.... mother nature forever.

Hydroponics - been around since the 1970s.
Chemical Fertilizers - since the late 1800s

Thanks I was definitely leaning towards neem oil and insecticidal soap. (Is that same?)

I used dr. Doom fogger with the soil grow and it wasn't effective enough for my liking.

However, it is Canada day and store was closed, so will have to try again tomorrow

Insecticidal soap and neem oil are different but both will be effective.

Neem oil has a nasty taste and smell. So if you have flowers dont use it.

Neem works and so does the soap. But you cant use neem oil in flower. I dont use it at all because of the smell.

I won a mite pest control SNS sponsor in the contest and I don’t see not one bug on my girls . I left them outside to clean the grow room and was a mistake gnats and mites !
Here is the hydro bible .
A6B07CB1-07E5-4CBF-B89A-B7E49BEB1890.png

Insecticidal soap and neem oil are different but both will be effective.

Neem oil has a nasty taste and smell. So if you have flowers dont use it.

Neem works and so does the soap. But you cant use neem oil in flower. I dont use it at all because of the smell.

Thanks, I meant is it the same as azamax. I read the neem oil doesn't mix with water so should be added to insecticidal soap first and used together.

I know my hydro store really likes the dr. Doom fogger. Perhaps the smell of neem is the reason for this. I'll suffer through the stink for a short time if it gets rid of these damaging pests.

I am hoping for something more effective and available in canada. I heard great things about brands I cant get.

Is treatment in soil different from hydroponic?

I won a mite pest control SNS sponsor in the contest and I don’t see not one bug on my girls . I left them outside to clean the grow room and was a mistake gnats and mites !
Here is the hydro bible .
A6B07CB1-07E5-4CBF-B89A-B7E49BEB1890.png
Love that chart! Been using it the last few weeks...makes reservoir management so much easier! (Found it in a journal you reccomend! Thanks again, and also for stepping in to help!).

You’ll find the hydro bible pretty simple. Grandpa Tokin got it from the Rifleman, which was the first hydro I read before learning how to get around in here and check as many hydro grows as I could .

Back
Top Bottom