Nutrient lockout?

wild1

Hi.

Sorry for the long post :|

I have a problem with my plants, somewere i messed up.
I have Auto AK47, Auto Critical, Auto White Dwarf. They are indoor, 19 days old, in 2gal pots, except for one that is in 2,6 gal pot, under 250hps from day one, air cooled. Box temp is in 73-80F by lights on, and 64F by lights off. No pests afaik, haven't used fertilizers yet. Box size is 10 sq ft.
I'm gonna write specs of soil that i found on bag, if that clarifys something.

pH is 6.10

% N - 1,20
% P - 0,21
% K - 0,59

I'm gonna write other elements i found on the bag too..

mg/kg

Cr - 3,21
Cd - 1,96
Hg - < 0,05
Pb - 9,50
Mn - 341
As < 1,00
Mo - 2,62
Ni - 15,25
Zn - 28,00

I mixed in some styrofoam in soil to help with drainage, crushed it to many tiny pieces. Was that ok? I've watered them 2 times a week, every 4 to 5 days. Their 2nd watering, i guess i've stuned them, i definetly overwatered, they prety much stopped growing, and kinda got hung/wilted.. watered with tap water. They looked just a tiny bit better every next day, and when it was time for watering again, i watered with distilled water, to which they responded nicely, looked alive again. Now, in the last couple of days, yellowing on the leafs started.

Now, after i've browsed and browsed and so on, i probably figured out that i have a problem of nutrient lockout? And that my plants cant get Nitrogen from soil due to it, and therefor they are yellowing. It started at the tips, and moved to the center of leaf. I cant measure my tap water pH now, going to the store tomorrow to buy some, acording to the website of water supply for my town, pH is 7,01. I figured i messed up with pH somehow, and now my plants arent getting their food. Tomorrow i'll know do i have to lower it or up it, when i buy pH meter, if i finaly found one! O, i let the tap water sitout 24 to 48 hours before watering.

Beside these plants i have one Power Plant in a small pot, havent transplated him to the bigger pot yet, but its the only plant that isnt showing any signs of yellowing.

Here are some pictures of the problem.

DSC03811.JPG

DSC038122.JPG

DSC038181.JPG

DSC038202.JPG

Please help, my medicine isnt doing well :(

let them dryout, but not completly , then water with ph`d water 6.3 ...... let them get roots....let the pots dry out but not completly....continue till you have roots then transplant in good soil....names of good soils can be found in numerous growing journals that r ongoing....and at your local growshop/hydrostore u could always ask....

one thing ....when u get heat in your closet ,styrofoam will produce poisoness gasses ..... your plants dont like that.

So if i understanded correctly i should transplant them after they grow a bit into a new soil? Today even the Power Plant started to early yellow at his 1st true leafs. I am going to buy new soil on Monday, since today i had a mashup of all things and couldn't make it to the store to check for soil and buy pH meter.

Kind of styrofoam i used was like in cushioning material that you use when packaging.

I thought i looked into everything when starting my grow, but i guess i failed at taking pH as granted. Tho i didn't thought i missed with soil.

Thx for the reply.

S
o if i understanded correctly i should transplant them after they grow a bit into a new soil?

keep them in these pots and transplant them after they got rooted correctly, just ph your water now to 6.3 .......for soil the good ph is between 6.0 /6.8
so 6.3 is a good average.

Your plants look ok man they just look like they need some nutes. looks like early stages of nitrogen def. Remember go 1/4 strength with young cannabis plants and as they get older and larger gradually increase to 1/2 strength MAXIMUM. I dont think you are over watering them. A good way to know when to water is to use the lift method. Next time you water them lift them and notice how heavy they feel and when they become light then its time to water its simple.

Hi.

I'm using that lift the pot method, sometimes i'm just not sure is it light or still a bit heavy :)
Guess i'll know it for sure next few times i check it that way. Yeah, i'v read to go easy with nutes, 1/4 when you start and gradually go to up.. i thought to max but now you say 1/2 max so i suppose ill do it that way. Till i get experienced to go wild if possible :)

You will get the hang of knowing when to water it just take a little while. What nutes do you plan to use?

I planned to use Sensi Bloom A+B, but the store didn't have them and they don't intend to sell them anymore, so i picked BioThrive Grow and BioThrive Bloom. Only thing bugging me is what to feed these auto's since i'v read so much controversial about using veg or bloom nutrients, and with my stunning that i'v afforded to them, i'm even more confused what to use exactly. I'll have to dig a bit more info on that and look trough some journals... soon! :)

I dont know that much about Autos. I personaly would use one 1/4 shot of veg and then as soon as the buds start to form hit them with the bloom 1/4 strength and every other watering some sort of micro bloom such as ff big bloom or earth juice. And Im sure blue planet nutrients has something similar maybe better.

I would love to get some autos they have came along way from what I have heard!:passitleft:

Yeah, something like that sound's about right and pretty logic to me. Thx, i totally forgot about micro stuff, and will get something in a week or so.

Well, i hope these baby's turn out ok ;)

I have read were power plant is a very hungry feeder. but I would still step it up gradually.
They should turn out great just dont over due anything. Here smoke some of this it might calm you down a bit lol:passitleft::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom