odor control question

spur

I'm building a small grow closet on an exterior wall of my house, and am going to exhaust directly outside, about 10 feet above ground. Do you think that the odor outside will be noticeable? I'm talking about a 3' x 5' area with 2 scrogged plants. I have a neighbor that walks around my yard when I'm not home (not paranoid, I've caught him), and I don't want him to know about the grow.

I'd rather not have to deal with a carbon filter if I can help it, but the odor must not be noticeable on the ground.

Thanks for the reply, I suppose I will have to buy or build a carbon scrubber. The only other thought I had was to run the exhaust duct all the way up to the 3rd floor roof.. but I suppose if the wind was blowing right it doesn't matter how high it exhausts, it could be noticed.

I've got another challenge to deal with too.. the space I'm building is going to be roughly 48" x 36" x 8'. The full size door to the space will take up most of the interior wall, and I have to get my passive intake out of that space as well so that in the extreme hot and cold months the temperature is manageable. Because the interior wall needs to look somewhat "normal", I have to put louvred vents over the intake holes and I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to get enough intake space for proper air exchange.

I'm committed to the dimensions and placement so I have to make it work- but I'm not certain that intake is going to be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom