Oh No! Photos of my sickly seedlings

Flower Child

These are my 2 week old seedlings. I think I may have over fed and overwatered them. A week ago they were growing but looked a bit pale and droopy. I watered them and fed them half strength Big Bloom (they are in light warrior soil which said to fertilize after 5 days). I also ph'ed their water from a 7 to a 6 with vinegar- was that a mistake too? Their light is a 400 MH that they have been under since day 5. I lowered it to 26" a couple days ago in case it was too little light making them so pale. Anyway they were dry, droopy and pale lime green yesterday so I watered them with big bloom again and today the brown spots showed up! Help please Is there any hope for these seedlings and what should I do with them?
Thanks for taking a look,
Flower Child
IMG_20130314_183639.jpg
IMG_20130314_183528.jpg
IMG_20130314_183523.jpg
IMG_20130314_183248.jpg
IMG_20130314_181755.jpg
IMG_20130314_183426.jpg

Well you have multiple probs here.

First off you are over ferting. a lot.
Secondly you are giving bloom nutes to a veg plant.
Thirdly your over watering (thats part of why its drooping)
and Last but not least the plant has phosphorous poisoning from getting too much P (thats the purpleish brownish spots).

Stop watering so much, start giving it veg type nutes that are highest in N low in P and medium in K.

Another thing when you lower the lights make sure you do the hand test to see if they are too close. Basically put your hand right above the top of your plant. If your hand gets hot the light is too close.

the vinegar thing was fine, but it was not necessary. Good soil does not need PHing of water, and TBH PHing water for soil is semi pointless, the soil will be the PH it wants to be. In soil you need to condition it to be the proper PH. What PH you water with is almost irrelevant.

Here is what you need to do at this point.

Dont water until the soil is almost bone dry. This will take minimum 2 days and I estimate from the look of things much longer like 4 or 5 days. When you do water give it just water with some Nitrogen rich fertilizer at 1/10th strength, very very light.

Id recommend seaweed as that N rich fert.

Hi and thanks for the advise. I probably would have watered them again tonite. And seaweed it is next time I water them. Thanks again.

Also, for $ 4.00 you can get a moisture meter at wal-mart or another big box store. They are fairly accurate and you will be surprised how much you don't need to water. Stick it in the soil about half way down and don't water til the needle is on the edge of moist. never failed me yet. If you are growing Auto Flowers, They don't like a lot of nutes until they are a month old. Yours will live. Don't over worry and don't over water.

Hello and thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I had to say RIP to my babies as they yellowed and browned all their leaves since those pics were taken. I over fertilized and overwatered (first-timers errors) and they could not tolerate it. So.... seeds ordered and I will try again soon.

Back
Top Bottom