Okay So Far Here's The Plan!

vickg35

Going to purchase a 10x10x7 grow tent. Struggling with the whole light setup. Wanted to go with leds but I think I'm looking to only spend on about 3 1000w units. The problem I'm having is deciding what lights to run. Are ebay air cooled hoods good? I seen some from yield labs I thought about buying then buying a good ballast and bulb. Now next question is what ballast and bulb ? I know I'm probably going to spend around $1000 on ac unit lights tent and everything else.

I use JB Ballasts and they cost me about $150usd each, 1kw bulbs around $75usd each and ebay air cooled hoods are around $100usd as well, So your already looking at over $900usd for 3 x ballasts, 3 x bulbs and 3 x hoods. Then you need intake fan, exhaust fan, carbon filter, ducting, osculating fans, a tent, nutrients, etc.

Is this going to be your first grow? Some may disagree but in my humble opinion you should start of small...

But if you want to go ALL OUT then you will need to budget alot more than $1000, a tent of your size from my local hydro shop is over $400usd alone, a decent AC will probably cost the same.

EDIT : i just realized it isn't your first grow. So to answer your origenal question i would say ebay HOODS are ok, but cheap ebay lights and ballasts are not, ive seen them catch on fire before.

You might want to consider the Mars-Hydro Reflector series. They are reasonably priced and they are converting them all to 5w leds. Reflector LED Grow Light 192x3W - Mars Hydro. You would probably need 4. They have a discount at @ $286 each for 3. If you contact Sara from Mars-Hydro (Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion) she might even be able to do little better. Check out Dennise's grows. She has both the 3w version and the 5w. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom