Old School Soapstone Pipe

merickson

I thought I show you the coolest pipe I've ever used.

It's carved soapstone. The face is 10" long. Your whole hand fits in the handle.
The bowl can hold 1/4 oz of leaf and is on top of the guys head. The mouthpiece is hidden by the thong.

It was carved in the 1970's and has done good duty.

pipe31.jpg

This shows how deep the bowl is, even with a couple of buds in it. As I said, it was made in the 70's when leaf was what most folks smoked.

pipe41.jpg

loots pretty sweet, but i would be afraid of lighting my hair on fire every time i used it

Mr. Merickson.. soapstone.. brings back memories for sure. :peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Its easier to grow leaf than to grow bud. So, there was very little bud. Some Thai Stick, but basicaly marijuana was a leaf.

Then someone noticed that Mendocino County had a nice climate. Then people got to growing and learning how to grow bud instead of just leaf. The growers of this coutry developed strong strains of pot and the techniques to grow large potent bud.

Since the 70's, the weed has gotten stronger and the acid got weaker.

There was a subtle change in the way weed was smoked. In the old days, you smoked. You would light your stuff and it would burn as you puffed. Now, you take hits. Its automatic to pass the lighter along with the pipe. Partialy because one hit will do more, but mostly because buds don't stay lit too easily.

That is one sweet pipe!

very cool pipe! a nice bit of history to go with it!

I like the pipe. Its a lot larger then it looked in the first pic. Real cool design though.

Thanks for the info Merickson. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom