Old timer advice on buying a bong: KISS

CharlesBukowksi

Hi all,

I've been around the block quite a bit with bongs, all the way back to the 80's. My biggest advice is to get a bong that is easily cleanable. A simple beaker of straight bong is easy to clean with a little salt and alcohol. For me, the big fancy bongs can hit nice (when clean) BUT the hassle of cleaning them makes me use them much less, or not at all. You can always add an ash catcher, but this adds one more piece to clean as well...

Smoking from a dirty bong is not healthy and nasty things grow in that damp tube while its stored away. IMO, you really need to clean them every time you use them. Having an easy cleaning bong is key if you ask me.

Here is mine using a Grav Labs one hitter bowl. This is the same type of bowl that we used on bongs in the 80's. You guys have salad bowls attached to your bongs now, they are HUGE!

Syn:

Syn.jpg

helix.JPG

A piece that clean just looks unused. I'm still about keeping things clean. But dang

They make some high quality cleaners nowadays. Making it much easier and effective.

The bong gets filthy every time I use it. A little kosher salt/alcohol and a quick shake she looks brand new, its very easy to clean this bong.

I like it...I bet I can fit my Dynavap without a attachment...10mm?

Yes, I'm using an adapter. The bong is 18mm the adapter is 10mm. From time to time, I add a larger bowl and use the 18mm opening. I also use an ash catcher, but have you ever tried to clean one of those? You have to rock them back and forth to get the water out and to clean, a bit of a hassle. I find the bong is easier to clean than the ash catcher.

A piece that clean just looks unused. I'm still about keeping things clean. But dang

They make some high quality cleaners nowadays. Making it much easier and effective.

Just salt and alcohol works perfectly for me. Those cleaners seem a bit over priced if you ask me

No idea what happened to Syn bongs but this one is like a tank. Had it for over 5 years without any wear or tear (or broken glass)

Hi all,

I've been around the block quite a bit with bongs, all the way back to the 80's. My biggest advice is to get a bong that is easily cleanable. A simple beaker of straight bong is easy to clean with a little salt and alcohol. For me, the big fancy bongs can hit nice (when clean) BUT the hassle of cleaning them makes me use them much less, or not at all. You can always add an ash catcher, but this adds one more piece to clean as well...

Smoking from a dirty bong is not healthy and nasty things grow in that damp tube while its stored away. IMO, you really need to clean them every time you use them. Having an easy cleaning bong is key if you ask me.

Here is mine using a Grav Labs one hitter bowl. This is the same type of bowl that we used on bongs in the 80's. You guys have salad bowls attached to your bongs now, they are HUGE!

Syn:

Syn.jpg

helix.JPG
You are smart to recognize the need for simplicity and ease of cleaning. I also agree about the bowl size and i really want a single hit bowl like you have. I think using ISO needs a little rethink as it is made from fossil fuels. What do you think of this/

Hi all,

Syn:

Syn.jpg

helix.JPG
I use a 1 hitter and my dugout, although I do let it get pretty heavy with resin but I clean it and add the resin to the bud. It’s prolly not good for you but it sure gets you high. CL🍀

I am sure it does get you high as it still contains a high % of reactants and way less plant matter. BUT, You are correct, The resin is MUCH higher in carcinogens. This is similar to the 'burnt cheese' on a pizza which is pretty minor. However, the difference is that INHALING those carcinogens is much worse. Inhaling is the easiest way into your body. Like eating an edible takes 45 minutes but inhaling a hit from a pipe is instantaneous. Though I smoked resin when I was a teenager when weed was, well, A WEED, but with the availability and taste being at the highest level I prefer to taste a fresh hit and not ruin the flavor of the bud. Good Bud makes my mouth water...

Just salt and alcohol works perfectly for me. Those cleaners seem a bit over priced if you ask me
I agree, Bong Cleaners are the most expensive cleaner you could own! $15 for 5 cleanings is HORRIBLE and it is all because we stopped using tools and rely on Solvents, shaking and waiting. That's not very effective. Mile HIGH Cleaner gets about 50 cleanings of a 10" bong for that same $12 using tools. That means the cost per cleaning is actually way less than ISO without any of the problems inherent in ISO due to it being made from Fossil Fuels.

Back
Top Bottom