on line now-need immediate advice

jojocool555

just put my 2inch baby seedlings, i know they long :-( into my better equept grow tent ( only 2nd grow). to be honest they were by my side since i decided to try to germ them and bit reluctant to leave them on there own in that lonly tent+they cost me loads of major bucks ($ as im probs talkin to americans :) -mes Cornish ! ) but of coarse they would not do well.So. new equip in tent is basic fan/extract set up with 400w hsb,but the temp has gone off scale-think tent is not air tight enough and pump cant do it job-cheap modified outside plastic greenhouse-Doh ! but my 1st grow was very ok-now with new climate extraction, its all gone tits up.....Should i move lamp up another 12inches...or...try make tent more air tight..or make input hole bigger to let more cool air in...... how long does it teke for a tent to regulate. i check on my seedlings every 20 min as it so hot in there. still have a ocillating fan to move air......my babys gona end up 1 foot high or parched to death.....Any ideas

If you think your light is causing the heat then clipping your fan (if possible) up-sidedown to your lights reflector hood might help. I tried this and significantely lowered my temp. And remember that extractor fans only work properly if you have negative airflow (less air coming in than going out)

Ah that's a damn good idea, i shall try it. Yes i was wondering about negative air flow, i really had no alternative other than to open the tent as my seedlings were roasting,of course you then loose the reflectiveness of the sides-yes. smell is not a problem yet. my plants are about 3 inches tall,small but very bushy and very healthy. but their nearly 4 weeks old now,there have just gone on full strength nuits,so they might speed up now,but growth does seem slow.

Back
Top Bottom