One of my plants smells of mold. What can I do?

herbsnbuds

What Strain is it? 2 bag seed and 1 AK-47
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? flower
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 26 Days In
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? MG
If Soil... What Size Pot? 14" Round
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 250 Watt HPS + 4ft. 2 bulb t5
Is it Air Cooled? fan blowing while light is on
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 65 at night to 85 during day currently
RH of Room/Cabinet? I don't know but I'm getting a gauge today
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? every other day through soil only
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Fox Farm BIG BLOOM 4 tbsp/gallon of H20
Size or Square Footage of Room? 10x16x8.5 sloped

My issue is that I went to check on these babies today and the room smelled delicious. So I went around and took a nice whiff of each of the colas. The AK-47 smells sweet, the shorter bag seed girl smells skunky, and the taller 1 SMELLS LIKE MOLD. I can't see any growth on the leaves and there is no residue. Just to be sure I wasn't losing it, I brought it into another room, waited about 10 minutes and smelled it again. Mold again.

What can I do to get rid of it? If it is in fact mold, what's the treatment? I don't want to chop her down yet. She's about 1/2 way done.

Can anyone help?

Here is a photo of the setup... its the 1 to the far right that has the issue. I moved her away from the other 2 for now.
IMG00455-20100826-1439.jpg

Here is one of the affected colas close up...
IMG00451-20100826-1438.jpg

First of all, don't panic.

Are you sure you can smell mold over the other fragrances that the plants are producing? Some species just have very unique smells.

I am going to take a shot and say you sound pretty sensitive. I am too. I have thought I have smelled mold before in grow rooms too, but didn't see any. I have a friend that has a powdery mildew problem and I am no expert, but I would have to guess it smells the same. Maybe research that and see if you can see any of the symptoms.

I would just keep an eye on it. Only one plant, right? I would let them get a little dryer than you have been thus far. Keep an eye on your humidity now that you are getting a meter. It is possible that you have mold Inside one of your buds. Make sure you keep the buds separated when you do cut.

I know people that have gotten mold before and were able to keep some but not all of the bud from the same plant. They look healthy, but you cannot see inside the bud.

Good luck on this and try to bring up the air circulation and bring down the humidity.

At first I thought for sure it was mold. Now I do think it is mildew. Its the same smell you get when you leave clothes in the washer for too long after washing. And yes, I do smell it over the plants natural smell. 2 of the plants are from the same bud so I would assume that they would smell the same. Not the case. Definitely not the natural smell.

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom