Only SolisTek lamps in SolisTek Ballasts?

Growgurl

Hi there,

I'm finding it difficult to find any online forums which discuss this exact topic. I just bought a pair of SolisTek Matrix 1000w digital ballasts and WAS going to run them with Hortilux lamps (600w for veg and 1000w for flower). That was until someone mentioned Hortilux's don't actually run properly in them so I decided to email SolisTek directly to ask them and this is the answer that I got:-

The architecture of Hortilux lamps (and many other brands) is truly designed/tuned for magnetic ballasts (low frequency technology) regardless of the marketing claims on the box. These lamps operate on a completely different frequency (hz vs kHz) and probe ignition. This will lead to lamp incompatibility, poor performance, diminished life and improper spectral output when used with a ultra high frequency ballast as two types of technology are being effectively mismatched. SolisTek lamps are pulse start which are meant for digital ballasts and utilise tinned wiring on our lamp base. This provides a far superior connection versus the standard outdated copper wiring. For reference, the lamp always sets the stage for what frequency the ballast should be tuned to. The SolisTek SE/DE ballasts and lamps are high frequency in the Khz range. Where as Hortilux single ended lamps architecture is meant for magnetic core & coil ballasts (which operate between 50-120Hz).

OKAY so there it is. I know they are keen to sell their own products but is this utter crap or is there some truth in it? I would be keen to hear from anyone who is using Hortilux lamps in these exact ballasts, and are they getting good results with them. I am happy to buy SolisTek lamps if they are up to the task, but I've heard they aren't very good hence why I want to go with the Hortis.

I also heard that when you use the splitters and don't use their lamps it can mess your non SolisTek lamps up.
SolisTek had this to say about using other manufacturers lamps with the splitters:-

The SolisTek splitter is designed to only work with SolisTek lamps due to our exclusive completely matched connection with our ballast for a low output THD%. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee, warranty, or offer support for any other combinations due to the varying range of quality of lamp/ballast components.

So can someone please enlighten me as to what on earth to do here. I don't want to waste money buying Hortis only to have them work like crap in these ballasts.

Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom