Opinion & Advice On My Flowering Plants

Nedhead

Hi All. Hope the weekend is awesome for everyone!

Almost near the end of my first grow of Northern Lights Auto and Blue Cookies Photo. Hoping I might get some opinions.

First up. The Northern Lights. She has been flowering for about 7-8 weeks and is getting fragrant and sticky. Can anyone estimate how long until she can be harvested? I am thinking about 2 weeks? More? For the last 10 days I would like to stop the nutes and just feed her water and molasses.
A0971B9C-EB45-472E-84B1-B62AA7780AC9.jpeg
3D483C22-616B-48A1-A9D0-F99AD1B5D191.jpeg
0D943FFF-DC5F-4194-B5F8-584353501842.jpeg

Next up is the Blue Cookies Photo. She is 4 weeks into flower and I think she has another 5 or so to go. I only include her in the post because dumb me dropped a light on her and crushed her at the beginning of flowering and I am so happy with the way it bounced back even though I lost most of the main stalk.
70B98861-A5A9-4F39-9A3F-563197551764.jpeg
D19D5EC4-BF59-4AD2-8D95-421FE8AE5703.jpeg
7077EA32-011C-461A-991C-4C63C9EC18F8.jpeg
A8154C3C-6745-4E08-8EEB-38F65B8501ED.jpeg

You're going to want to flush for a couple of weeks so I would start now. The calyx's are starting to swell up around the pistils so you are getting pretty close. But the best way to tell is get yourself a 60-100x or better microscope and check out the trichomes for cloudyness. But I would start flushing now, judging by how dark those leaves are the plant has a ton of stored nitrogen to get rid of, may have been feeding to much nitrogen rich nutrients during flower.

Good job on saving your other plant, accidents happen.

Thank you for the feedback. I have ordered a lighted loupe to help me assess the trichromes. Follow up questions if I could. I was planning on using molasses thru the flush and doing just water for the final watering. Any issue with that? Also you say I may have been giving to much nitrogen. Will this impact the flavour, potency or harshness at all?

Nope, no issues with adding carbs and sugars during flush. I would still give a plain water run for your last flush though. If you are going to use mollasses I have heard that blackstrap mollasses is the best to use as it's organic.

Too much nitrogen can make your final product taste a bit different, but let's hope the plant uses up the rest of those nutrients stored in the leaves over the next couple weeks. Mostly, having too much nitrogen during flower will effect your yields, the plants want mostly phosphorus and potassium during flower to grow and bulk up them buds

Thx again. I love this community. So helpful and always willing to share knowledge. I just read your thread on making oil. As oil was always a personal favorite of mine I thought I might try it one day. Is it okay to save the trim with crystals on it from multiple grows until I have enough or do you recommend the trim all be from the same strain?

It's fine to use trim from multiple plants, actually could give you a more potent end product. If you plan to save trim just ensure that it's store properly so the cannabinoids don't start to break down. It can also be done with either dried, or live leaves, each way will give you a slightly different end product as well

I would immediately vacuum seal and freeze the trim. Which way, (frozen, dried, or live) do you find or prefer the best?

The one I did the write up on was dried trim, just left it in a cardboard box to dry up a bit, shaking it each day. But I would prefer live runs for the better taste

Back
Top Bottom