Optimal temperature for seedlings inside humidity dome

crypiter

After A LOT of searching I can't find info regarding the optimal temp for seedlings still under a humidity dome. To germinate the seeds I used the dome and a heating mat. I hadn't really been checking the temps but once they sprouted I stuck a thermometer/humidity meter into the dome. I was surprised to see it at 95F!! I first raised the lights (which were right on top of the 7'' dome) but the temp only went down to 92F. Next I decided to place a towel on top the mat and then the tray. The temp only went down to 90F then. I tried putting a second hand towel on top and the temp went to 88F. Finally, I unplugged the mat and the lowest the temp got was 86F. I still have a seed that I just planted a couple days ago that I'm waiting to pop and I'm worried about the mat being off in case the last seed needs the heat to the bottom for germination. However I'm also worried about killing the seedlings bc of the temp. Even the 86F with pad off seems high. I'm only using 4 48'' 6500k 3100 lumen fluorescents. The room itself is only going to about 73F at its high with no additional lighting on. The seedlings seems pretty healthy but a couple do have yellow tips on their "seed leaves". I hope someone will be able to help me out with this. I don't wanna kill my babies. One last thing. Despite plenty of water in the tray and the temp in the dome the highest humidity reading I have got is 37%. I have the dome vents closed. Condensation is accumulating on the sides but not at all on the roof. Didn't know if this was an issue as well. Thanks to advance and anyone providing helpful info will def get some ++rep from me.

I like about 75-80. Seems to get good results. I see nubs @ about 5 days in Coir. When I try new gels and such I'll take a few extra and pull one at day 5 to compare to results I've had with other products/climates.

Just my opinion, but maybe that'll give you some Ideas.

Back
Top Bottom