Orange lines on Grandaddy Purple leaves?

RandyL

Some of my plants have these rust colored lines on their leaves. It's only on a few of my Granddaddy Purple plants, and then, only on some of their leaves. So I'm wondering what this is. It's kind of a powder residue, it partly rubs off if you rub the leaves.

Any idea what this is? And how to fix it? A surplus or deficiency of some nutrient? I'm doing a soil grow in Fox Farms dirt with only Fox Farms nutes. Day 20 of flowering after 8 full weeks of vegging time.

orange_gdy_leaves1.JPG

orange_gdy_leaves2.JPG

Fox Farms Tiger Bloom (2 teaspoons per gallon of water) and Big Bloom (1 tablespoon per gallon), according to the FF nute chart. The Tiger Bloom is 2-8-4, so it's a bit higher in phosphorous. The plants get nutes on monday, and they get watered with plain PH'd RO water a couple times during the rest of the week. I keep the PH between 6.3 and 6.8 . The plants generally get 1 to 1.5 quarts of water/nute mix on nute day, and 1.5-2 quarts of water on each watering day.

When in doubt flush. Soil? size of pot? Tell us more. Do you know the PPM of you feedings? Are you using Calmag? :peace:

Just looked at your journal. I think it might be to much fertilizer! Flush and give them a day. Then half of your current fert dosage.
anyone else?

Soil is Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 25% Perlite added, pot size is 2.5 gallons. Never used Calmag. In last week's feeding, I gave the Granddaddys only 3/4 of a quart of water/nute mix, with the other 1/4 of the quart being regular RO water.

Not all the GDY plants have it, and the ones that do don't have it on all the leaves, yet it doesn't look normal to me.

Don't know what the PPM is, it's not a hydro setup, and I don't have a PPM meter.

EDIT - just read Coco's latest post, I can reduce the nute mix more tomorrow and see if it smooths out some.

EDIT - just read Coco's latest post, I can reduce the nute mix more tomorrow and see if it smooths out some.

When in doubt flush!

For me that means Clearex and water, PHed and 2.5gal. per your 2.5gal. pot.
Do you remember BOG, He grows in soil and flushes/leaches the pots every three to four weeks. Is this the leaves in the middle of the plant?

No, the leaves with the solid orange lines are all near the top of the plants. I counted, and 3 of the 9 GDYs have any of this orange stuff at all. Some of the smaller leaves further down the plants show the orange stuff too, but in broken up dots, not solid lines like the photos show.

I'll give them a flushing and see how that does. Should I skip the nutes this week also for those plants? I think that might help towards the flush.

I gave the plants only water on the last watering, but those leaves have gotten worse. Now, where the orange lines were, they are turning yellow along those lines. I'll have to try and get a photo up in here.

I'll check the leaf photos I've seen and see if it looks like one of them now.

Keep flushing, thats nute burn. I'm going through the same thing right now with my fox farms nutes. I got greedy and the plants struck back. It's going to get worse the next few days, and the parts that burnt will fall off. Just keep flushing with ph'd water I'd recomend 6.5ph

Ok. I've been noticing light colored tips on some other plants too while using the 100% charges of FF nutes, usually a quart and a half each monday for nutes. I might back them down to 75% this coming monday.

Then again, I'm 33 days into flower, someone who has experience and saw the plants said that's the plants using nitrogen, and more and more leaves will get yellow and fall off as flowering completes.

So I'm trying to be careful with it all.

Some of my plants have these rust colored lines on their leaves. It's only on a few of my Granddaddy Purple plants, and then, only on some of their leaves. So I'm wondering what this is. It's kind of a powder residue, it partly rubs off if you rub the leaves.

Any idea what this is? And how to fix it? A surplus or deficiency of some nutrient? I'm doing a soil grow in Fox Farms dirt with only Fox Farms nutes. Day 20 of flowering after 8 full weeks of vegging time.

orange_gdy_leaves1.JPG

orange_gdy_leaves2.JPG
Did you ever find out what this is? I have the exact same thing on my baby jokers and can not figure it out

Back
Top Bottom