Experiment - from clone straight to flowering.

RandyL

We have a bunch of clones getting their roots now, and the main room is in day 8 of flowering. With Bubba Kush and Granddaddy Purple.

We had the idea to take a clone (a Granddaddy Purple) and put it in the room to start it flowering. I've read about people doing that.

It'll be an experiment.

But I'm wondering what to do for nutes for the clone. Should I start it on vegging nutes for a while, or go straight to the flowering nute schedule? It's in Fox Farms dirt and nutrients. Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom.

that is how I grow all mine ,I go right to flower nutes the clones still do the veg thing for about a week or so just start em with 1/8 to 1/4 strenght and work it up to full strength slowly, my grow room is only about 5 feet high so i pretty much have to grow that way and i still get great yeilds.

that is how I grow all mine ,I go right to flower nutes the clones still do the veg thing for about a week or so just start em with 1/8 to 1/4 strenght and work it up to full strength slowly, my grow room is only about 5 feet high so i pretty much have to grow that way and i still get great yeilds.

This is great advice. But I make sure to add a lil more nitro in on the nutes. Along w/ A root inoculant, this is to promote root growth.

i'm know noticing brown spots on my clones, not the normal yellowing you would expect but actual brown rusty spots is that also normal for clones,the clone is 11 days old.

Your ppm's are more then likely to strong. Back off then start from there. The only issue w/ starting from clone is they are weak. So teh slightest issue will show up fast. I've grown clone to flower for years. But I must recommend at least a 7 day veg period to allow roots to settle in. if oyu have a sativa dom strain you can go 4 days dur to height issues. Just a thought to ponder upon.
:gannjamon:

This is great advice. But I make sure to add a lil more nitro in on the nutes. Along w/ A root inoculant, this is to promote root growth.

Your ppm's are more then likely to strong. Back off then start from there. The only issue w/ starting from clone is they are weak. So teh slightest issue will show up fast. I've grown clone to flower for years. But I must recommend at least a 7 day veg period to allow roots to settle in. if oyu have a sativa dom strain you can go 4 days dur to height issues. Just a thought to ponder upon.
:gannjamon:

:thanks:,butcher

In the process of this right now, have a clone in a DWC setup and it seems to be doing great. I've had it under 12/12 lighting since she first showed roots. She is tiny so not expecting much AT ALL, maybe like a gram unless she stretches like crazy over the next few months.

In the process of this right now, have a clone in a DWC setup and it seems to be doing great. I've had it under 12/12 lighting since she first showed roots. She is tiny so not expecting much AT ALL, maybe like a gram unless she stretches like crazy over the next few months.

DWC alllows for maximum root growth due to the amount of oxygen getting to the roots. So clone to flower can be a lil more succesful. Like using an aero system, your root growth gets maxized or so I like to believe. However if you go clone, Then 24 hours of darkness prior to going into 12/12 you can cut your stretch. I just place the clones in the 12/12 schedule and let them show flower natrually. The dark period pushes the plant into overdrive on the flowering. You can get signs of flowering in a week, where as natrually will take about 2 weeks to switch all the way into flower mode. Thus giving a lil more veg period. This is all based upon my past experiences'.:ganjamon:

Yeah SOG are basiclly that. Clone to flower or a short veg period, allowing the plant to focus all its energy into the tops rather than the entire plant. Or a sog can be a room full of tops not just clones that have had their skirts trimmed so that all the tops of each branch get all the energy, to focus on colas.

Back
Top Bottom