Flowering clones straight from cuttings.

Interesting...

I'm curious what is the advantage of putting clones right into flower, saves space and time... but would seem to hurt yield compared to waiting 2 weeks for roots first?

what is the finish timing like?

If the flowering mother is on 12/12 for 1 week (of an 8 week harvest) and a cutting is taken and kept in the flower room....

does the clone mature at the same time as the mother
OR
is there a delay for the clone to mature because it is forced to grow roots and not flowers

So you use straight H20 until pistils start to shoot out of the calyxes? I start bloom nutes from day one of flower. Maybe I will give the pure h20 method a spin to see how they differ in terms of growth. what type of yield do you get off of one clone flowered start from cutting?

oh I just don't want to over-fertilize them so I just wait till I know they have started to flower...
this is technically my first grow so I wouldn't know the yield but I bet it has a lot to do with the strain and "grow conditions" what I will do is log the individual progress once they start to really grow.
I am a hungry student just trying different things thanks for stopping by...:cheer:

Interesting...

I'm curious what is the advantage of putting clones right into flower, saves space and time... but would seem to hurt yield compared to waiting 2 weeks for roots first?

If you read my log I kinda did this last minute because I didn't wanna make to grow rooms (which I ended up doing anyways) Plus I wanna to experiment with my first grow and do I bunch of stuff.
My girl ask for a "mini me" so I said I would and most cutting were actually trimming that would have been thrown away my Mothers are very bushy.
I actually am a fan of growing Big Ass Plants but will have to wait until I move for that.

Chi-town Joe-
I don't know but again I think it strain dependent because my sour diesel is huge for a cutting going str8 to flower but its also a sativa so its suppose to stretch a lot during flowering...
so I think its just a lot variables...
I will record all my finding at the end of the grow.
Im excited to know myself!!!

Interesting...

Ok look at it like this any cuttings that you would normal throw away right before you flower throw them in dirt and increase your yield they're very low maintains and fun.:theband:

Here is a side by side of two clones one I decided last week to reveg and you can tell its already going back to vegetation LOOK!
flrvsveg.jpg

heres some pics of the bud forming
clflr.jpg

Here's the one I put back into veg last week
clveg.jpg

so there you have it some plant I guess will go back to vegetation stage faster then others because its only been one week!

oh and these are the same age and cut from same plant...

How big do you want these girls to get in veg? I take it all the others are continuing on in flower till the end. Curious to see the difference in yield, since what, their all the same age, same genes.:bravo::popcorn: We've got the popcorn roll the tape!

I think I'm going to time this this grow to be done right before I move so I have until late May. I'll probably flower everything I can get off this right when the bigger ones are done. I was thinking about getting two new strains maybe some grand daddy purp and some white widow but who knows we'll see what happen one day a time right?

Wow Jbleez...
I'm intrigued by the idea and impressed with your success in executing it.

I'm a true believer that some people are just born with a "green thumb" (we had a grandfather with a green hand and arm he was so good) and it seems you have one.

10 minutes after going thru this thread and I'm already contemplating incorporating it into our grow process to see what happens.

Keep up the good work.

+rep if I can. :bravo:

Wow Jbleez...
I'm intrigued by the idea and impressed with your success in executing it.

I'm a true believer that some people are just born with a "green thumb" (we had a grandfather with a green hand and arm he was so good) and it seems you have one.

10 minutes after going thru this thread and I'm already contemplating incorporating it into our grow process to see what happens.

Keep up the good work.

+rep if I can. :bravo:

Thank you very much for the rep and compliment
I enjoy MJ and I like to really learn
My friends call my Green Thumbs lol
I'm glad I can encourage you
YOU ALL ENCOURAGE me to try new things
THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT EXPERIENCE SO FAR

Ok so I'm not gonna post all the pics but I'll post a bunch
(key: NL- Northern Lights, AFG- Afgooey, SD- Sour Diesel)
Now for the business:
Only AFG-only H2o:worst looking and slowest growing one even yellowing
afgh2o.jpg

Here's a updated view of the AFG reveg vs the str8 flowered clone...
flrvsveg21.jpg

Topped NL and topped AFG
nltopped.jpg

afgtopped.jpg

My baby SD:
4sourD.jpg

There's even more but I'll update you on he others periodically
even got two plants in the same planted in the same pot lol
I have some that get molasses some that dont
basically I have a lot of fun experiments going on lol!!!!!!
what you guys think?
any other ideas? I'm really thinking about SCROG my next grow...

Hey there Jb..I understand and am all about experimenyting, but not understanding you experiment with ""one is really far from lights"" What is that about?
Cloning is not hard or difficult at all..you folks that are hesistant on cloning. Don't be...its like buttering bread! So easy. Just make sure you have them in a dome or something sealing them off. Prop tray
Picture_1111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom