Flowering issues

@Carcass @Justin Goody @NuttyProfessor @Weaselcracker @Van Stank @GoogleGenie @InTheShed
Hopefully one of you guys has an idea about this one? TIA
Along with 2 days of darkness (total black, no leaks) to make sure they get the point, I’d keep decreasing the 12/12 down until I saw flowers. Or supercrop and chop and see if it starts soon.
50+ days and still stretching and vegging, there has to be another issue with light that isn’t being addressed.
And those plants are going to be enormous, do you have enough light to finish it...those lights are already barely getting through that canopy.

Some of the more sativa ones will do that and take forever to flower. It will happen eventually, assuming that it’s really on a 12/12 schedule with no light leaks like you say.

I have been fooled many times by timers though. I eventually hooked up little indicator nightlights to my timers, so that whenever the timers, and therefore the lights, turn on- the indicator lights outside the grow come on as well. Just so I know for sure what’s going on in there.

I recently tried to grow a Golden Tiger plant which I vegged for over nine months and re-cloned a couple times in veg to keep it from running away in size. I then flowered it thinking it would be pretty excited to flower by then. But it just sat there for week after week and flowered like a glacier moves. After six months of flowering I finally chopped the monstrous thing to clear space. It had buds that looked like it had been flowering for about two or three weeks.

It wouldn’t hurt to drop the lighting schedule to 11/13. or even 10/14.
Then flip it back to 12/12 once she gets going.

As far as controlling the plants you can put a screen on at any time in the worst case- it’s just a bit of a hassle. Not necessary though- really you can always squash a plant in veg mode down to a level canopy with a bit of work. Do some pruning. Figure out how to supercrop, and hold the branches down with pipe cleaners or something else soft.

That’s about all I’ve got. Good luck

I had a northern lights do the same, it was meant to be a bloody auto too lol , had to give it more dark 24 hours then 12/12 again , i also added more reds and a pk boost im worried about the pot size though , , take off useless branches so the pot can support the size of the plant , that would be my biggest worry :goodluck:

What Temps you running at ? Try Flowering at 68 - 72 F. Between the Cold & 10 on 14 off you should be able to trick the plant into thinking it's winter. Don't worry about those cool temps. I've done it my last few grows because it brings out terpenes, enhances trich production & helps bring out the colors in the leaves & buds. It's made a difference in my weed for sure. Much Better.

Yeah on my last grow I had 4 growing but only 3 flowered in normal fashion so eventually I tried same thing switched lights to 14 hrs darkness an reduced temp a couple degrees to trick plant into thinking it running out of time to bud ,,worked a treat

you want as much blues in veg as possible, this promotes better photosynthesis
It will also help the plant bush more , just before flip one weeks , if you foliar fed with seaweed extract it will cause cell division , you will get thicker and better branching :)

Wow thats a monster u got on your hands try 14 hrs darkness ,,they do seem to be stretching like they need more light ,maybe more in the 2700kelvin range but I know shit about shit :bongrip: :bong: but I do wish u all the best for her
I have mb
Supercrop those puppy’s! And is it a sativa dominant strain? I think you should thin the branches out so she has more strength to start flowering more. I think that will help. And what you feeding, ppm wise?

you want as much blues in veg as possible, this promotes better photosynthesis
It will also help the plant bush more , just before flip one weeks , if you foliar fed with seaweed extract it will cause cell division , you will get thicker and better branching :)
Ok thank you I'll try more blue light I have phlizon cobb lights now

Yeah on my last grow I had 4 growing but only 3 flowered in normal fashion so eventually I tried same thing switched lights to 14 hrs darkness an reduced temp a couple degrees to trick plant into thinking it running out of time to bud ,,worked a treat

I have mb

Ok thank you I'll try more blue light I have phlizon cobb lights now

It's pretty depressing instead of having fun its turned into a battle and I dont know what else to do

16121207325217468452874714743744.jpg
WOW!!!! I thought I grew big girls, Amazing my friend.

It's pretty depressing instead of having fun its turned into a battle and I dont know what else to do

16121207325217468452874714743744.jpg
How long have you had your timer on 12/12

So... you are using two parts of a three part nutrients package. I like general hydroponics but it’s kinda tricky to figure out how to use it best. I think you should had a bit more nitrogen during transition to flower. Did you switch you nutrients up when you switched to 12-12? I think you should try the 1-2-3 with the gen hydro... especially though transition with a big girl like that... hope it helps get her moving!

50 days without a
So... you are using two parts of a three part nutrients package. I like general hydroponics but it’s kinda tricky to figure out how to use it best. I think you should had a bit more nitrogen during transition to flower. Did you switch you nutrients up when you switched to 12-12? I think you should try the 1-2-3 with the gen hydro... especially though transition with a big girl like that... hope it helps get her moving!

1612195986290346705388074978105.jpg

So you were transitioning to flower for 5 days, should’ve been more like 2 weeks right? For real I bet if you clean out her undercarriage she will kick it into gear for you. Right now it’s like she is trying to get those bottom branches bigger. If they gone, she won’t waste her energy on them...

So you were transitioning to flower for 5 days, should’ve been more like 2 weeks right? For real I bet if you clean out her undercarriage she will kick it into gear for you. Right now it’s like she is trying to get those bottom branches bigger. If they gone, she won’t waste her energy on them...
I'm going to trim them back that's good info thank you I've been in flower mode since dec 6th and nothing has happened just sprouts and shoots

I haven’t read up on what your Sour Tangie genetics are. But I assume it’s coming from Tangerine Dream? There was a bit of a shitshow after that one won the cannabis cup. A lot of people
tried to grow it and were not very happy about the way things went with it’s sativa tendencies. I expect you’re going to be seeing it start flowering very soon. I hope :D

What you need to focus on for the moment is trimming and wrangling it into an acceptable shape and size.

Thought I'd chime in to agree to go down to 10/14 but if anyone is around at the on-off hours I would do it manually based on an alarm on my phone! Timers do the darndest things :).

I'd also take off half the plant (anything not growing within 18" of the canopy) and supercrop what's left down 18". Unless you're in a 40 gallon pot there's no way the root system can support that many tops!

Back
Top Bottom