Organic Amare LED Grow

Working in my grow room, figure I can do 8 plants in 10gals and still have room to walk in and work on them. Still have to make a hole in the wall to vent my 6" fan outside and run a heavy duty extension cord into here to power everything and I'll be ready for my lights to get here in the next couple of weeks.
420-magazine-mobile1660208579.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1668436371.jpg
Nice

Chitin is what makes up the shells and exoskeletons of crustaceans and insects, and makes up the cell walls of mushrooms.

In crustacean shells, it is combined with calcium carbonate – this makes the shells stronger.

Chitosan’s properties are similar to chitin’s, but it is more water soluble.

Crustacean shells contain chitin and bacteria which creates the enzyme chitinase and it's this enzyme that acts as an insecticide and promotes plant defenses.

The reason that we use a chitin source in our potting soil is to create chitinase which gives us a powerful insect suppression plus it destroys eggs.

Malted barley grain and probably almost every other seed has chitinase so by applying SST, we're by passing the bacterial action contained in chitin used to break down chitin into chitosan and it's chitinase which does this process in the same way that specific enzymes are created and released via root exudes, microbial exudes and the enzymes that arrived in our vermicompost when using crab or crustacean meals with our bedding.

Enzyme tea differs from the botanical tea in that it doesn't bring "more nutrition" to the soil/plant (in the way of the NPK profile) but rather it makes the nutrition already available more soluble by breaking down the organic matter in soil and that some of the enzymes in the soil will absorb through the roots and plant surface where it facilitates cellular development.

So when you add fulvic acid, silica, and aloe to the SST, each one reacts with each other boosting it like a catalyst. Aloe and chitin react to make insect suppression even more by boosting the plants health even further. I tried to find a post where coot explains this but he doesn't and only links to an article that is in gimiks library of PDFs. I haven't read it and I probably won't for now. Just know that aloe boosts plant health and chitosan boosts plant health so together, the combination reacts and makes it even stronger.

Silica also is used in IPM for a plant health boost and insect suppression qualities.

Fulvic Acid (Ful-Power)
High bio-availability and supreme chelating action. Ideal for foliar sprays (helping to increase effectiveness of other materials), clones and cuttings, bare-root dip, and seed activation.
"Fulvic acids, are humic substances known to be powerful organic electrolytes which help to dissolve minerals and metals. In other words, fulvic acids transform minerals so that they are readily available for absorption by plants. Fulvic acids work more in the plant than in the soil. They enhance nutrient, vitamins, coenzyme, auxin, and metabolism, which contribute significantly to plant growth and health. An indirect way in which fulvic acids help plants to withstand wilting
is by increasing the amount of carbohydrates which results in the accumulation of soluble sugars in the cell. This increases the osmotic pressure on the cell walls and makes the plant better able to deal with drought stress." - Biostimulants
Lastly, fulvic acids help to sensitize and enhance the permeability of the cell membrane which assist in the nutrient uptake.

Silica (potassium silicate)
"Silica - The Hidden Cost of Chemicals
A major mineral is missing in many soils and most soil tests do not even monitor its presence. This mineral can increase stress resistance, boost photosynthesis and chlorophyll content, improve drought resistance, salt tolerance and soil fertility and prevent lodging. lt can also reduce insect pressure, frost damage and destructive disease while lowering irrigation rates, neutralizing heavy metal toxicity and countering the negative effects of excess sodium..." - BAS website.

You can alternate special applications with dechlorinated water and Silica. When using a Sprouted Seed Tea (SST), I strongly suggest only once a week as you can hurt your plants. Watering is dependent of container size and how much the plant is drinking, higher heat & wind will make it drink more. Silica can be used every watering, which I often do, really helps out a lot, especially for any kind of plant training.

"Liming Agents in general and what they contain.

1. Limestone - calcium carbonate

2. Dolomite Lime - elemental calcium (Ca) and magnesium carbonate

3. Gypsum - elemental calcium (Ca) and sulphur in a the form of S04 meaning that it is elemental sulphur with 4 oxygen molecules attached which is important in the CeC paradigm.

4. Oyster Shell Powder - calcium carbonate (CaCo3) - This product is not what it would appear from the name, i.e. it's not a product made from crushed oyster shells but rather it's a particular oyster shell mined from the San Francisco Bay from ancient sea deposits made up of very tiny and fragile oyster shells.

5. Crushed Oyster Shells - calcium carbonate (CaCo3) and this product is made from crushed oyster shells.

As you can see, all of these liming agents either contain elemental calcium or calcium carbonate and it's the calcium which is used to correct acid conditions in a soil.

The reason that I do not recommend using dolomite lime is that it contains 2x the amount of magnesium vs. 1x of elemental calcium. That isn't to say the magnesium isn't important - quite the opposite it's extremely important but magnesium has absolutely nothing to do as far as a liming agent.

Excessive magnesium will cause soils to bind up making it difficult for the plant's root hairs to move through the soil to exchange their hydrogen cation (+) for minerals, macro and micro nutrients.

In plant-based soil amendments like alfalfa meal and kelp meal, a review of the levels of calcium vs. magnesium show that it's 4 and 5x - quite the opposite of dolomite lime.

Calcium carbonate is water soluble while magnesium is not. You can use this to your advantage by using limestone in water as part of your irrigation program. I'd recommend about 1 tablespoon per 1 gallon of water. Stir, shake, stir, shake - then apply. This will provide your plants with the amount of calcium necessary to maintain health and growth vigor.

Crushed oyster shells is also pure calcium carbonate. It can be dissolved in water but that can take several days/few weeks. This is the product that chicken growers feed to their hens both for the calcium content (to insure strong egg shells) but also for grit used the hen's gizzard to digest grains.

Oyster shell powder is pure calcium carbonate and is instantly dissolved in water.

While it's true that the good ol' N-P-K deal dominates the cannabis growing meme, in the world of soil science the basic study is often about the building-block cations: Calcium (Ca+2), Magnesium (Mg+2), Potassium (K+1) and Sodium (Na+1) and the acidic cations, Hydrogen (H+1) and Aluminum (Al+3)" - CC

Soap Nuts - think: Saponins. Uber levels of Saponins which themselves trigger a plants SAR, their defense system. I'm actually not expecting any specific visible results other than continued healthy, naturally pest resistant plants; knowing that I'm adding a so-called "second line of defense" in the IPM deal.

What sparked my interest immediately was the extensive use of Aritha in Ayurvedic practice, adding this to the list of other important plant medicines we incorporate like Neem, Aloe, Tulsi Basil. I find it fascinating the correlations we continue to link between plant health / animal health - add kelp, fulvics to that list for sure as well!

Very simple to apply, I drop two whole seeds (hazelnut sized) in a bucket of 4gal water and let that bubble or just sit for 24 hours and that gets diluted to about 20-25 gallons in which I've been incorporating this on Coconut water day. Not all is extracted when using the whole nut so set the same nuts aside and continue using for another 3 or 4 applications! You can also break open the seed and the shell is what we are after, let the broken shells sit a cup of water for 24 hours and it'll turn a light brown.

Now the awesome part, you can use that same liquid concentrate to wash your clothes, dishes, hands. As shampoo, diluted and used as an all purpose general floor/counter cleaner. The inside of my Chapin hasn't been so clean in years! :D And I haven't even scratched the surface of the medicinal aspects for ourselves!

A quick search online will leave you with a plethora of uses and options for acquiring these seeds, or a visit to your local Indian market if so lucky to have one!

Warning: If you crack the seed open and soak the shells, and then poor that liquid into your res that you bubble for teas and the like - you actually DO NOT WANT TO AERATE this! unless you want to mop your entire floor. :D - Blue Jay

Mulched my pots with chopped Alfalfa hay, only need to bring in 2 more pots into the room, going to run 9 plants in this room which will be; 2x White Lavender,
6x Chemdawg, 1x Bluebell Wreck.
420-magazine-mobile1355924202.jpg
420-magazine-mobile814929800.jpg

Neighbor gave me all her extra plants for my garden since I am starting late, including 2x Amish Paste tomatos that were broken at the soil line, I cut them and soaked in Aloe Vera juice for 20mins and then soaking in clean water for a few days and now I have roots!!

Chocolate Glazed Raspberry Brownie bites

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

2/3 cup flour

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Raspberry Bakery Emulsion

1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Cream Cheese Bakery Emulsion

Raspberry Frosting

2 tablespoons butter, softened

1 3/4 cups powdered sugar

1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons water or milk

1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Raspberry Bakery Emulsion

Several drops LorAnn Pink liquid food coloring

Chocolate Glaze

2 ounces semis-sweet baking chocolate squares or chips

4 tablespoons butter
Fresh raspberries for garnish

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 2 mini muffin tins or lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine sugar and eggs in a medium mixing bowl and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add Raspberry and Cream Cheese emulsions and beat 30 seconds more.
4. Beat in flour and cocoa until just combined. Stir in melted butter.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin tins filling each cup about 3/4 full (batter will only fill about half of second tin).-
6. Bake for 11 - 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into edge comes out clean. Do not over bake. Cool completely. Remove brownies from pans.
7. Meanwhile, combine butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Beat in Raspberry emulsion and food coloring. Spread about 1 teaspoon frosting onto each of the cooled brownie bites. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
For glaze:
1. In a small bowl, combine butter and chocolate and melt in microwave at half power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each. Allow to cool 5 - 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Remove brownie bites from refrigerator and dip tops into chocolate glaze. Immediately press 1 raspberry onto center of glazed brownie. Once all bites are dipped, cover and chill until glaze is set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 18 brownie bites.

UVB
Cannabinoids
Pate [95] cites older literature suggesting that UV-B radiation promotes cannaboid production in Cannabis and also speculates about cannaboid evolution. Plots of estimated UV-B exposure in different growth places shows an increase in Δ9- tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) with exposure, but a decrease in cannabidiol. Lydon [96] and Lydon et al.[97] found that in both leaf and floral tissues the concentration of Δ9-THC but not of other cannabinoids increased linearly with UV-B exposure in drug-type Cannabis sativa plants (Fig. 7), but not in fiber- type plants of the same species. Nowadays many sites on the Internet show that the dependency of cannabinol accumula- tion on UV-B radiation is common knowledge among private entrepreneurs in the drug industry. The biosynthetic pathway of cannabinoid synthesis is shown in Fig. 8.
It is not known which enzyme or enzymes for Δ9- tetrahydrocannabinol biosynthesis are induced or stimulated by UV-B radiation, but one can speculate. The gene for poly- ketide synthase catalyzing the synthesis of olivetolic acid possesses strong sequence homology with chalcone synthase and may have evolved from this. Chalcone synthase is one of the classic UV-B-regulated enzymes.

Idk where I was going with this lol

Producing your own vermicompost.
This is all rather simple, just ensure your inputs come from clean sources.

What is Vericompost?
Vermicomposting lets us recycle just like nature does. A vermicompost bin mimics natural processes, allowing organic waste to break down into nutrient-rich compost, which can be returned to the soil to help new things grow.

"Earthworms are physically aerators, crushers and mixers; chemically degraders; and biologically stimulators in the decomposer system. They effectively harness the beneficial soil microflora, destroy soil pathogens and convert organic wastes into vitamins, enzymes, antibiotics, growth hormones and protein rich casts. Earthworm bioreactors have an in-house supply of enzymes such as amylase, cellulose, nitrate, reductase, and acid and alkaline phosphates. These enzymes biodegrade the complex biomolecules into simple compounds. The digestive enzymes of earthworms are responsible for the decomposition and humification of organic matter. These enzymes are active at a very narrow pH range and efficiently maintain the highly non-linear pH parameters. Organic wastes, broken down and fragmented rapidly by earthworms, result in a stable non-toxic material with good structure, which has a potentially high economic value as soil conditioner for plant growth." - Comparative studies on the digestive enzymes in the gut of earthworms, Eudrilus eugeniae and Eisenia fetida.

Vermicompost friendly foods
Paper Products:
Unbleached coffee filters with used grounds and tea bags.

Eggshells:
Eggshells can also be added straight to the soil. Many people plant eggshells with tomatoes, peppers, squash and other vegetables that are susceptible to blossom end rot. While planting eggshells directly with plants most likely will not help this season’s plants (because the eggshells will not break down fast enough to create calcium), eggshells in the soil will decompose eventually and will help add calcium directly to the soil.

Using Eggshells in the Garden for Pests
Eggshells can also be used in the garden to help fight off pests like slugs, snails, cutworms and other crawling pests. Crushed eggshells works much like diatomaceous earth on these pests. When crawling pests cross over an area in the garden where crushed eggshells have been spread, the eggshells make several small cuts in the pests. The pests then dehydrate and die due to these cuts.
Crushing eggshells for pest control is as easy as tossing your empty eggshells into a food processor for a few seconds or just rolling them under a bottle or rolling pin. After the eggshells are crushed, sprinkle them around the areas in your garden where you are having problems with slugs and other crawling pests.
Using eggshells in the garden is a great way to make use of something that would normally just get thrown out. You can put eggshells in compost, in soil or use them as a kind of organic insecticide, which means that not only are you helping reduce trash, but helping your garden too.

The majority of an eggshell is composed of calcium carbonate (CaCO3). This type of calcium is also referred to as high calcium lime, or lime, in the agricultural world. To be exact, the average dry eggshell weighs between 5.0-5.5 grams and approximately 2.2 grams of that is calcium.
In terms of increasing calcium levels in your compost or garden soil, 2.2 grams of calcium is not a whole heck of a lot; however, over time, regular additions of eggshells to your compost pile will add up. But I'm talking years, not months.

Fruit:
Melon, banana, pineapple, apple, grapes, peaches, plums, berries.
Citrus fruit peels are harmful to earth worms, would compost these separately with onion peals.

Grain-based Foods
Breads, oatmeal, muffins, cereal, pasta, rice, pizza crust (with no toppings).
NOTE: Use grain-based foods sparingly. Too much can cause your Worm farm to start thermal composting which is harmful to your worms since they can't escape the heat.

Garden Trimmings
Dead flowers, dead disease-free plants, dried leaves (shredded) gathered in the fall.
Dead Vegetables

Corn, broccoli, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, squash, carrots, peas, cooked potatoes, green salad (without dressing).

DO NOT COMPOST: Ashes (coal/charcoal), Cat/dog shit, colored paper, limes, meat, fat, grease, oils, & bones.

I put all my kitchen scraps into a 1gal container on the counter, once a week I blend up the contents to a purée and feed it to my worm farm. Helps them break down the compost faster and speeds up the process.

Dynamic Accumulators
DAs are certain plants—usually fast-growing weeds -- that take up nutrients and micronutrients from the soil and store them in their leaves. The plants with function as dynamic accumulators are often traditionally regarded as companion plants. In those cases, a plant such as yarrow or alfalfa growing near other plants, or in some cases being used as a green manure or cover crop, will show benefits to other plants due in part to the nutrients selected and exchanged. Among the accumulator plants of broadest nutrient variety are dandelion, plantains, watercress, comfrey, and kelp. Under good soil and growing conditions, certain plants may extract higher levels of nutrients than others, with consistency, although removing those nutrients from that soil can create a void in availability. Therefore, composts made with accumulator plants should also be reintroduced to those same growing areas upon compost completion.

EWC made with DA's is loaded with amazing plant food, I use these in my mixes and top dresses regularly and it's as easy as walking outside and pulling weeds.

Some commonly used DAs are:
Alfalfa
Alfalfa roots reach down into the sub-soil up to 8 feet, bringing valuable hard-to-reach nutrients up to the soil surface where they are stored in the leaves of the plant. Using the cut alfalfa in your garden and compost adds these nutrients to the upper layers of your soil where other garden plants can use them. Alfalfa is particularly good at bringing iron to the surface, a micro-nutrient needed for chlorophyll synthesis.

Kelp
You want brown kelp for gardening.
Kelp contains Cytokinins, Indoles, Hormones, Auxins and Gibberellins and Alginic Acid.
Cytokinins
The main function of cytokinins in plants is to promote cell division. They have been shown to promote cell expansion, increase leaf surface area that results in an increase in photosynthesis and more chlorophyll production. Cytokinins have been used as a seed treatment to promote lateral root development in young seedlings. They also have the ability to promote nutrient translocation within plants which is responsible for increased plant metabolism. - Biostimulants

Cytokinins from brown kelp were found to contain the highest levels of plant growth hormones (PGH). Stable extracts from these sources improved root and shoot growth of turf grass, improved photosynthesis, delayed senescence in the fall by keeping the turf growing green and healthy longer. - Biostimulants

Comfrey
Use freshly cut comfrey leaves (but not the flowering stems in this case—they can root) as fertilizer in planting holes. The leaves break down rapidly and provide nutrients right at the roots.
Freshly cut comfrey leaves make good mulch because they're high in nitrogen, so they don't pull nitrogen from the soil while decomposing, as high-carbon mulches like straw and leaves do. And comfrey's high potassium content makes it especially beneficial for flowers, vegetables (such as tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers), berries, and fruit trees. This means increased flower and fruit production.
Comfrey should be planted in an area you are okay with it being there forever. The roots go extremely deep into the soil and you won't be able to remove this plant without a backhoe.

Other DA's are:
Yarrow
Stinging nettle
Watercress
Dandelion (Dandelions are one of the first flowers available to bees in spring and should be left alone until the flower naturally turns to seed.)
Shavegrass (a.k.a. horsetail)

These can be harvested if they grow naturally in your area or you can buy the seeds and grow them yourself. Just make sure to washy them thoroughly or treat in it's own container so you don't introduce pests into your garden.

Back
Top Bottom