Organic soil ratio

masterkush420

hey guys and gals... got a question here.. i have been growing with miracle gro but have decided my efforts will be better rewarded going organic.... i have canadian sphagnum peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, dolomite lime, blood meal and bone meal...i am going to have to make two batches of this to have enough for what i need but i have 25 quarts of peat moss, 4 quarts of vermiculite and 4 quarts of perilite mixed up into a plastic tub... how much lime should i add to this mixture?? i dont want to put too much or not enough in it and havent been able to find a good ratio that seems sensable... any help???

also is there another kind of organic fertilizers i can use instead of blood meal so i have as few pest problems as possible??? i also have wood ash from oak firewood...

I'm not to familar with american measurements but should be able to find a conversion chart some where to assist :thumb:

Also peat based compost is acidic by nature & it slightly varies in PH from around the world... only slightly tho buts adds to different rate of application ratio of dolomite lime, but i'll do some home work for ya.

PH range 3.4 to 4.4 aprox expect variations.

Some where around 10 to 12 tablespoons of dolomite lime per 25 quarts of spag peat moss...

From what i understand a quart is a quarter of a gallon, 4 quarts equal a gallon, so its about 2 tablespoons per gallon / 4 quarts of peat moss.

Please correct me if my american measurements are out as its some fubar imperil thing...

I'm more metric, like units of 10's, 100's & 1000's...

Thank you fuzzy duck for your help!!! I really appreciate it! one other question, am i doing right by using blood meal and bone meal? and is that the only organic ferts out there? i dont mind to use it but i dont want to cause myself any pest problems especially if there are alternative organic ferts i can use.. thanks so much..!!

Most of what you are adding are base nutrients. The blood is the only thing with nitrogen in your mix. You will have to rely heavily on sweet Organic Teas Brews if you go this route. Adding a mix of organic herbs to your soil or your teas will greatly help. I would also suggest OG worm castings. The roots want to bite onto nutrients in between waterings. Also add some mycorrhizae if you want to see some big time growth.
check the nutrients by dragonfly earth medicine, or any other organic nutrient line, add this to your mix. You have to create beneficial biology in your soil in order to have a supercharged organic situation.
In the future you may like the Organic soil/Coco Coire blend better. You can re-use it 3 or 4 times, when organic, and the biology just continues. Also the ph is more stable than the acidic peat.
Check it out.... Blessings

Back
Top Bottom