Organic Super Soil

OK, real quick and I will post the rest later this week hopefully. Ive wanted to get some notes from the videos anyway since its incredible info and apparently I've been doing some things wrong.

@Emilya - based on "The Great Courses - The Science of Gardening" (on Amazon Prime video, channel Great Courses, or can buy for like $50 from TGC) with Linda Chalker-Scott (PhD in Horticulture from WSU; wrote The Informed Gardener & How Plants Work) . I want to do a write of of various pointers throughout the course so I'll post specifically why later, I cant seem to find it in the 3x 35min videos about soil/nutrients lol I'll get the write up going very soon...tons of great info on there.

BTW Its been quite a while since I used anything other than Fox Farm soil. No issues ever with it and I have some great peppers and tomatoes coming in with 2 year old soil thats been used several times. Doing just fine...in fact they are over-growing their space. I never have pH issues because I dont over-nutriate a hot soil mix. I dont even think I flushed it before using it last time.

Understood, and sorry to be so rushed with that last answer... I am at work and got a little curt. The key working word in modern parlance today is sustainability. A soil build based on peat and moss will eventually break down and will not sustain the qualities needed for the long term. To build a sustainable soil that can be amended periodically and used over and over again, you need to stay away from peat and moss.
Hi Emilya, I'm growing in doc buds mineralized soil, and the main ingredient is promix hp, which is 65-70% peat moss. I haven't got past the 2d. grow using this method, but other more experienced growers than I, have used this at least 3 times, and a few 4. Docs mineralized soil is working great for me !! So far !!

Back
Top Bottom