Other ways to cure buds?

potanna

hey you guys. so i got a problem with the curing process. my plants are ready for harvest but i will have to go away for a while so i will only have time to dry them. Unfortunately i cant take the buds with me, so i gotta find a way to cure them from distance. To telecure them or to autocure themselves. yeah u got it. so ARE THERE ANY OTHER WAYS than the classic one with the jar?
p.s. if you dont know of any other way, how should i leave them? cause i dont want mold...

I'm no expert. Just giving my .02.
If I were in your shoes. I'd over dry the buds. Yeah it sucks. But you know mold won't grow on dry stuff. And maybe try to re-hydrate with a mason jar and 62% boevida packet?
It's just a thought.
But I'd go with overly dry vs moldy

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm no expert. Just giving my .02.
If I were in your shoes. I'd over dry the buds. Yeah it sucks. But you know mold won't grow on dry stuff. And maybe try to re-hydrate with a mason jar and 62% boevida packet?
It's just a thought.
But I'd go with overly dry vs moldy

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is probably the best thing you can do. Unless of course you have the $ for a humidity/temp chamber. :S

How long do you have before you go? & How long before you come back? Because you can get away with 'cold drying'. Usually you keep the budz at 10 degrees Celsius for 9-14 day's. But since you'll be leaving you can turn it down to 6. With 0-5% humidity. At this rate you can gain an extra 7 days.

But let's say your gone for a month. 3 weeks to cool dry. 1 week extra to crisp things up a bit. Then you arrive back home and they are dry dry. I find the best way to get back moister, back into dry budz, is to jar them and toss in a fresh fan leaf. (If you can and just 1 per jar. 2 if jar is big) If not, go outside and get a tree leaf, or flower pedal. Then close the jar and wait for 2-5 hours. Any longer and you can over moisten. But if you watch over it while it moistens back up. You can pluck it when it's the perfect texture and dryness. :) Are you going to be gone for more then 4 weeks?!

i will be gone for 2 weeks, so u are saying i should just let em dry and when i come back to cure them?

2 Weeks? Yup. But make sure the RH is very low and the temp is around 6-10 degrees Celsius. If you just dry them at room RH/temp, they will be to dry to do anything with after 14 days.

It would be better to let the grow two weeks longer and cure n dry when home

Autoflower420

This is also good. But in some cases 2 weeks is too long. Sometimes 2 day's is to long. (Depending on whom you are).. After a certain threshold the potency will start to degrade from it's peak point. But if he's ok with this. That would be a wise way to go as well.. (But I think he want's to set himself up for coming back to smokeable budz hehe )

So there's multiple options out there for ya. Hope ya figure it out! Let me know.:thumb:

It would be better to let the grow two weeks longer and cure n dry when home

Autoflower420

i cant do that cause it is not like the plants are able to water themselves and i dont have the money to buy an automatic watering (i dont know if this is how it is called) but thank you so much!!

yeah i think i will go with the long dry solution for i guess 2 or 2.5 weeks. and then if they dont caught mold i will add moisture if they are completely dried.

Get a few fans in there then (but not pointing directly on the budz) OR even better, a de-humidifier if feasible. At that RH you will most likely still get mold.

that would be nice if they didnt cost that much! i will try to find other ways to prevent mold

Ya that's why I said "if feasible" lol :| You can purchase small fans online for $5 OR you can go to wallmart and get the "desk fans" for 10$ 2 of them would be sufficient.

62% BOVEDA PAKS - after your initial dry.

I had to do this last summer. I hung one up for 4-5 days then gave it a decent "rough" trim and jarred it with extra Boveda packs and it worked great. I think I put 6 packs to a quart jar just because I had a bunch of them. I might have got away with fewer but why chance it.

Careful....boveda only brings humidity up to 62, but if your humidity is too high, then it won't do anything at all.

If the buds are still too wet when you put them in jars, then the humidity will be too high and you'll get mold problems.

Even then, I'll still be wary of jarring something so close to drying and just leaving them for 2 weeks. Far better to dry over the two weeks with a fan circulating air and then use the boveda to bring them back to 62% RH after you get back and jar

so if i store in jar with boveda packs for like 2 weeks i should be fine? thank you so much!

I would do it again in a heart beat if in the same situation...... as I mentioned, I had time to do the initial dry and I used more packs than necessary but it came out perfect... I'm not sure how you could improve on a constant 62% humidity.

Lots of options.... Just something to think about. :high-five:

Best of luck what ever you decide.

BOVEDA pack's I find are garbage. They only get up to 62% with the one out of ten... I would never leave these for two weeks in my jarz. But to each their own.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom