Outdoor Grow: Beginner Questions

Willette

Ok below is my type of climate to where I live just to give you guys some info.

Climate

XXXXX enjoys one of the warmest climates in Canada. Adjacent to Lake XXXX, a large freshwater body, the climate is moderated year-round. Summer temperatures are a few degrees cooler than inland areas of southwestern Ontario and winter temperatures are warmer. Winters in XXXX, unlike the rest of Canada, are short and mild with minimal snowfall. Spring comes early and summer's warm temperatures remain long into the autumn.

Daily Temperature: April MAX: 11.6 MIN: 1.6 (Celsius)

May 18.3 6.9
June 23.4 12.2
July 26.4 15.6
August 25.6 15
September 21.4 10.9
October 14.6 5

k are these reasonable growing temps or should I not even try to grow outdoors?

What's the best month to transfer the plants from their small pots to outside for good? When should I expect harvest? I plan on reading some grow books this winter.. but these are just some simple Q's that i'm curious about.

-Thanks for input

You should be able to put your plants outside around mid may. Check w/local vegi gardeners to see when they put their tomatoes out. Start your plants inside and veg them under 18/6 at least 6 weeks in advance. If you're growing from seed, start them a little earlier. That way you'll have time to sex them before you put them outside. You'll probably harvest late sept. to early Oct. Don't rely on the native soil. Dig a big hole like 1x1x1 meter and fill it w/an organic potting soil. If you're putting out more than one plant, give them at least 4 sq meters of space. And make sure you have a good deer deterant system.

RangerDanger said:
Add: Your plants will be ready in mid-late Oct.

Well the above is true provided your growing a strain the finishes at that time. There are some that finish sooner and some that require a longer flowering time. I doubt a pure sativa would finish by the end of Oct. Flowering times are dependent on what type of cannabis you are growing. Not what month it is.

RangerDanger said:
^^ Great advice (as usual) vintner.
Thanks RD, that means a lot comming from you.
I would also add that Racefan is correct, but harvest time also depends on your latitude. The earlier your days get shorter, the earlier your plants should mature.

Racefan said:
And I'll add that vintner is 100% correct. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll also say that the quality of the posts here attracted me to this site and some of yours (vintners) and rangerdangers posts helped me make that decision. I always look forward to reading your advice as it's almost always spot on. :adore:

Almost?
ALMOST?!?!!!
I'm outraged sir, outraged!
I challenge you to a duel--bongs at 20 paces.

P.S. re: finishing times.
Sometimes I post in general terms.
Some strains finish as early as late Aug/early Sept., others not until mid-Nov. And, in the case of The Strain From Hell (something I grew a couple of years ago from seed a friend brought back from Africa), not until mid Jan.
But I opine over 80% of outdoor strains currently grown in the U.S./Canada finish in mid-late Oct.

Thank you very much racefan. I always read all your posts and responces w/added attention too. You're very knowledgable. The posotive feed back really helps, cause sometimes I feel I can be a bit rude and/or incorect/under stated. I mean no offence to anyone reading this, but it really irritates me when folks ask a really basic question that was just priviously asked several posts before them. My favorite responce to those types of posts is "Knowledge is power. Empower YOURSELF". I try to encourage folks to continually educate themselves by reading just like I continue to do, then come here w/questions. Most of what I know comes from just reading, and a life time of vegi gardening experience. I've only got 2 grows under my belt.

Ok below is my type of climate to where I live just to give you guys some info.

Climate

XXXXX enjoys one of the warmest climates in Canada. Adjacent to Lake XXXX, a large freshwater body, the climate is moderated year-round. Summer temperatures are a few degrees cooler than inland areas of southwestern Ontario and winter temperatures are warmer. Winters in XXXX, unlike the rest of Canada, are short and mild with minimal snowfall. Spring comes early and summer's warm temperatures remain long into the autumn.

Daily Temperature: April MAX: 11.6 MIN: 1.6 (Celsius)

May 18.3 6.9
June 23.4 12.2
July 26.4 15.6
August 25.6 15
September 21.4 10.9
October 14.6 5

k are these reasonable growing temps or should I not even try to grow outdoors?

What's the best month to transfer the plants from their small pots to outside for good? When should I expect harvest? I plan on reading some grow books this winter.. but these are just some simple Q's that i'm curious about.

-Thanks for input
Exactly what I needed to know for season thank you holy shit, you said 1x1x1 for one plant?

Hi Willette, welcome to 420. I live in ontario and just did an outdoor grow so yes conditions are good. Start them indoors whenever you like, april or may then monitor the weather and move them outdoors near the end of may you should be good to harvest mid october depending on strain. Dont go for a long flowering sativa, try and stick with a high mold resistant strain such as white widow or you could try some autos as well.

Back
Top Bottom