PC Case Grow

This123

420 Member
Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this words.

So, i want to grow a plant inside of a Pc case. I have been doing some research on this and i want your opinions on the components to make this happen.

Pc case - Height: 43.8 ; Width: 19.5; Depth: 41.5 .
2 Fans - 120mm x 25mm .

Grids (for holding activated carbon as filter) .
Led 5050 Light strip 5meters / 35 watts, 60led/m, dc 12v .
Led connectors(to connect leds) .
White spray to paint the insides of the pc case .
Tape to seal all the holes and so the smell doesn't go through .

Are the strip lights enought to make a plant grow ?
What type of carbon filter should i buy ?

Thank you

35w in a pc case? Should be enough. What harm is there in giving it a go and seeing how far you get. I say build it and see. Carbon filter, any thing tiny small. Probably best to modify a cars cabin filter.
I love me a small grow, hope you post a build thread and grow journal here. Id follow for sure
:passitleft:

I don't see any mention of fans. You will need good air flow. For small space grows you will want Indica dominant strains and practice topping, cropping and LST methods. You will also want to anticipate the stretch and place the plant into flower early so the stretch is reduced and controlled as much as possible. You are limited by space but you are freed with imagination and creativity.

I think you're gonna be on the low end of lighting. Basically your trying to light a little more than 6.5 sq feet. 25-35 watts is enough for 1 sq. ft. you need at least120 watts. Why a PC case and not a 2x2 or 3x3 tent? Costs are comparable, unless you get the cases cheap or free.

Back
Top Bottom