PH Drops .30 every day HELP!

borisbadenov

Starting at the second week of Agressive Bloom and continuing into week one of ripening the PH value in the nutrient solution drops roughly .30 points each 24 hour cycle.
This is following the GH printed 12 week instructions

We live in hi desert and therefore our water runs somewhat alkai at 6.89 prior to introduction of GH nutrients.

Not wanting to continue altering the PH level has anyone experienced this situation and could you share potential

The System
GH Hydroponics system
coco cups
GH grow medium

Nutrients
GH Hard Water Flora Micro
GH Flora Bloom
GH Floralicious +
GH FloraBlend
GH Liquid Cool Bloom

System Cycles
The water pump on the hydro runs 24 hours
2 430 EYE Super HPS Hortilux Lamps
2 4 Vertizontal Reflectors
Full Envornmental Control System (temp, exh, in, hum)

Thanking you in advance for your help with this issue

Starting at the second week of Agressive Bloom and continuing into week one of ripening the PH value in the nutrient solution drops roughly .30 points each 24 hour cycle.

We live in hi desert and therefore our water runs somewhat alkai at 6.89 prior to introduction of GH nutrients.

Not wanting to continue altering the PH level has anyone experienced this situation and could you share potential

The System
GH Hydroponics system
coco cups
GH grow medium

Nutrients
GH Flora Bloom
GH Floralicious +
GH FloraBlend
GH Liquid Cool Bloom

System Cycles

Hey bro, first off your water is a bit acidic if it's reading under 7. many reasons for ph variance. Looking at the list of stuff your giving your ladys I would say your nutes are causing it. size of rez , temp of water, I'm not a fan of all the nute crap. I feed a + b and a bloom fortifier besides h2o2. The more stuff the more problems...here's some help: Balancing your PH
Nutrients: What's in them and how they work and effect ph!
pH Manifesto teaches you how to grow bigger cannabis buds

Hey ledtester

Thanks for the ping...

Hmmm, OK the resivoir is a 25 gal potential running at 15 gallons presently with the GH nutrients.

I try to maintain water temp between 68-72

Tonight I checked the PH and it fell .40 to 5.28 from last night, so I dropped in 25ml of PH Up which brought the PH up .46 only 5.74.

Man I only have 10 before things wrap up and this is making me a bit nervous:smokin:

Thank you

Your ph is always gonna drift a lil. That's a good thing. Start it out at 6.2 and when it hits 5.5 readjust it back up to 6.2

This is scary stuff though!
The PH drops large amounts every 24 hours.

With what I have researched it isn't a desired situation to always readujust the PH per cycle of nutrients in the resivoir though?

I'm gonna keep a close eye on the ladies though, can't let the Sweet Tangerine be damaged...

Hey ledtester

Thanks for the ping...

Hmmm, OK the resivoir is a 25 gal potential running at 15 gallons presently with the GH nutrients.

I try to maintain water temp between 68-72

Tonight I checked the PH and it fell .40 to 5.28 from last night, so I dropped in 25ml of PH Up which brought the PH up .46 only 5.74.

Man I only have 10 before things wrap up and this is making me a bit nervous:smokin:

Thank you

You got ten days to go?

Actually, that's a good thing. Your plants are eating, growing and very hungry. My ph drifts as well, and I adjust it each evening before bedtime. If my ph remained the same, I'd probably wonder why. :ganjamon:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat

Starting at the second week of Aggressive Bloom and continuing into week one of ripening the PH value in the nutrient solution drops roughly .30 points each 24 hour cycle.

The System
GH Hydroponics system
coco cups
GH grow medium

Nutrients
GH Flora Bloom
GH Floralicious +
GH FloraBlend
GH Liquid Cool Bloom

System Cycles
Full Environmental Control System (temp, exh, in, hum)

Actually, that's a good thing. Your plants are eating, growing and very hungry. My ph drifts as well, and I adjust it each evening before bedtime. If my ph remained the same, I'd probably wonder why. :ganjamon:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat

A 50 -60 gallon rez helps alot too...the bigger rez keeps your ph stable longer

I have the same "high desert" water, however my water PH tends to rise rather than fall. From 5.8 it will go up to 6.2 maybe 6.3 in 24hrs. I do not really worry about that jump too too much. I usually just let the plant go until a 48hr period is reached since my last PH fix. I will bring PH down more than up every other day if I think it needs to be fixed using GH PH Down. Keeping NOTES and numbers are also crucial in DWC!!!

The System
GH Hydroponics system
coco cups
GH grow medium

Nutrients
GH Flora Bloom
GH Floralicious +
GH FloraBlend
GH Liquid Cool Bloom

System Cycles

Hope that helps as far as keeping the PH steady. GH PH Down/Up usually keeps my 5 Gallon totes in range.

It is strange that your pH is dropping over time with GH. I see that you are using Hardwater Micro. I assume because you have lots of Ca in your water? Do you let your nutrient mix sit (aerated) for 24 hours before adjusting ph and adding to your reservoir? You are not adjusting pH before everything is added, are you?

Might you have something living in your reservoir? Is it foamy instead of bubbly?

You mentioned that you live in desert conditions. Is your humidity very low and/or your temps high? Perhaps the plants are transpiring lots of water but not needing to use nearly as much nutrients - if they are uptaking lots of water but not nutrients then the pH could be dropping. Is the concentration of nutrients getting stronger as the level of solution drops? What is the initial PPM value and what is it 24 hours later (or when you have noticed the level of nutrient solution drop)? When it does drop, are you adding back plain water to top it off? That should be raising the pH though, not lowering it.

It is strange that your pH is dropping over time with GH. I see that you are using Hardwater Micro. I assume because you have lots of Ca in your water? Do you let your nutrient mix sit (aerated) for 24 hours before adjusting ph and adding to your reservoir? You are not adjusting pH before everything is added, are you?

Might you have something living in your reservoir? Is it foamy instead of bubbly?

You mentioned that you live in desert conditions. Is your humidity very low and/or your temps high? Perhaps the plants are transpiring lots of water but not needing to use nearly as much nutrients - if they are uptaking lots of water but not nutrients then the pH could be dropping. Is the concentration of nutrients getting stronger as the level of solution drops? What is the initial PPM value and what is it 24 hours later (or when you have noticed the level of nutrient solution drop)? When it does drop, are you adding back plain water to top it off? That should be raising the pH though, not lowering it.

Very good theory on the transpiration! I'm dealing with a similar issue myself, i've been adjusting up to 6.0, and it falls back to 5.5 in 2 days.. It's not so back now, and i'm halfway though my 3rd week. I think it's just the early flower crazies. But I keep my room quite dry: 35-45% Perhaps transpiration could explain alot.

Back
Top Bottom