Cloudy Water Help

spyvy

Cloudy water question

Hey Guys .. I need some advise. I have had some issues with algae with light sneaking its way in through My Rubbermaid 14 gallon tote .. I made it toatally light proof now and am having issues with cloudy water
I Think I eliminated the algae with Peroxide 1/6 teaspoon per gallon / ..X8 gallons of water ..

My water is cloudy. It is not algae this time...It just seems to be very cloudy like a greyish color ????

PH is holding at 5.9. I did A Replenish on Monday and today it is cloudy. Is this normal to happen .

I am using GH grow/Micro & bloom Nutes. as per this chart Flora Nutrient Weekly Feeding Program - Greentrees Hydroponics for clones and seedlings... I have mixed now on this chart for 8 gallons of water is 20ml grow/20mil micro/20mil bloom to 8 gallons. Is This normal to have cloudy water after almost 4 days???? Input is greatly needed.. Thanks Guys

I am using tap water .. . But Yes it did smell Like a dirty mop .
The messed up thing is I also have a DWC going at the same time .. same water / no nutes and 5 days now water is crystal clear Ph adjusted a tad but clear ..

Will the rockwool cause bad looking water and smell???if its rotted or something . The plants look good now after my PH issue and algae I changed waster last night . I am just going to run it with no nutes and see what happens after 4 days .. Will that harm anything Just running PH balanced water for a few days .

But still have something going on with my water .. Let me know if you can think what the hell is going on ?? Thanks guys:Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta:

Cloudy water question

Hey Guys .. I need some advise. I have had some issues with algae with light sneaking its way in through My Rubbermaid 14 gallon tote .. I made it toatally light proof now and am having issues with cloudy water
I Think I eliminated the algae with Peroxide 1/6 teaspoon per gallon / ..X8 gallons of water ..

My water is cloudy. It is not algae this time...It just seems to be very cloudy like a greyish color ????

PH is holding at 5.9. I did A Replenish on Monday and today it is cloudy. Is this normal to happen .

I am using GH grow/Micro & bloom Nutes. as per this chart Flora Nutrient Weekly Feeding Program - Greentrees Hydroponics for clones and seedlings... I have mixed now on this chart for 8 gallons of water is 20ml grow/20mil micro/20mil bloom to 8 gallons. Is This normal to have cloudy water after almost 4 days???? Input is greatly needed.. Thanks Guys

First, I am so glad you're here. its like Grow Forum Heaven here. The Deep Water Culture have been very welcomed, we ahve our own Deep Water Culture Forum Thread, there ae no bashers, no haters, no flamers, just PEACEFUL growers helping each other.

I would do a Drain and Replinish, look at my airstones and see if they are snotty, and if they are, clean them with a plastic or metal mesh scouring pad, just wipe them down, scrub them with plain water, let the pan scrubber do the work, they do not have to be perfectly clean, then look at your water pump if it is still in, and check the filter and see if it is snotty and nasty, and if so, clean it, or replace the filters in the water pump with a plastic mesh pan scrubber, then add two level teaspoons of 3% peroxide per gallon of water, and that should do it!

More times than not, the cloudy water, (grayish water ) is a reaction of the pH Down and not a big danger.
What is bad is STINKY water.

Man, I am so glad you are here!

I am using tap water .. . But Yes it did smell Like a dirty mop .
The messed up thing is I also have a DWC going at the same time .. same water / no nutes and 5 days now water is crystal clear Ph adjusted a tad but clear ..

Will the rockwool cause bad looking water and smell???i

NO< absolutely NOT. Rockwool is made for this hydro growing

f its rotted or something . The plants look good now after my PH issue and algae I changed waster last night . I am just going to run it with no nutes and see what happens after 4 days .. Will that harm anything Just running PH balanced water for a few days .

For 3 or 4 days, taht is OK. Just a shame to do it and they quit growing taller.

But still have something going on with my water .. Let me know if you can think what the hell is going on ?? Thanks guys:Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta:

sometimes pH Down and chemicals like clorine, bleach, peroxide inter-act and the water clouds. ...looks like old dishwater.
It is not that bad or dangerous to have cloudy water, we just don;'t want it or like it.

Thank you

I am on it Roseman I am glad we left that other place I was tired of getting bashed there .. . So now here we are happy campers with a new home .. Roseman thank you brother :thanks::thanks::ganjamon::ganjamon:;)

Back
Top Bottom