Ph problems

GaterJay

my water ph is 7.5 or higher, my soil is at like 7.5, i just bought some ph down, but theres no instructions really. im growing 2 girls in 3 gal pots, have nectar for the gods nute sample pack, and am in week 2 of flower...how do i stablized my soil? im new, but have had 2 good harvests but have moved and i think the water is throwind me off where im at now because ive never messed with ph before because i had no probs. now im actually trying to learn this important part of it all and am havin a hard time finding the info i need. im trying to get it down before my next grow, which will be very high grade seeds. dont wanna mess them up!!! any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:thanks:

What are you using to test your pH?

Are you seeing any problems with the plant? Does it have any spotting/deficiencies or anything?

What is the pH after adding your nutrients? Most nutrients lower the pH of your water, not raise it. For example, when I add my nutrients I drop to 5.3 and have to get it up to 6.2-6.5 (because my pH runoff is at 6.9 or so). But, to use pH down you just check your pH level, add a little, check, and repeat until you've reached your desired level.

But, if you pH down your water, I'd put the water/nutrients in the soil a little lower each time and let your runoff tell you what to do. Be careful though, don't react too fast, the effects of the pH adjusted water won't show in your runoff for a while (few weeks). If it's going in at 7.5 now, try 7 for a time or two, then 6.5 for a time or two, and after a few weeks see if you're getting anywhere. The most important thing to do before any of this though is to make sure you have an accurate way of testing your pH of the nutrients and of the runoff.

If you're going to do the pH adjustments, you want to be sure you have an electronic pH tester and the proper calibration fluids. If you're using the pH strips/liquid kit, you're going to end up frustrating yourself more trying to match the colors. Plus, if you're not starting with a clear liquid, how precise can the guide be? If you put brown liquid in it, it's going to look brown even after you add the drops to test the pH. If you use the strips or liquid test kit you're going to want to just scrap the idea of monitoring pH. Better off just watering and letting the soil balance the pH for you.

The better thing to do would be to get dolomite lime. I think if you look for that or gardening lime and apply it to the top few inches of your soil and water, you'll get your soil to stabilize itself to about pH 7 or so. Then, when you water with nutrients (that should have dropped your pH), your soil pH will lower a little as well into the acceptable range.

thanks for the easy 2 understand info...sorry 4 long 4 a reply, my pc crashed....anyways,ill try 2 post a few pics tomarrow, they just started week 6 of flower and r doing better...lots. their just bagseed, but my next grow will b tahoe og kush, kiah kush, mkage, and the tahoe is alreadsy 3 weeks from sprout, doing great.trying to space them out a couple weeks from harvest to harvest instead of all at once. hit me up if u wanna see pics... thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom