ph question while growing clones

Revshot

if im growing fresh cuttings in a dwc and using just water, does it really matter what ph the water is? my tap water comes out at 8.3

im under the impression that you lower the ph so the nutes can dissolve in the water and the plants can uptake them but if its just water do i need to drop the ph?

if im growing fresh cuttings in a dwc and using just water, does it really matter what ph the water is? my tap water comes out at 8.3

im under the impression that you lower the ph so the nutes can dissolve in the water and the plants can uptake them but if its just water do i need to drop the ph?

Yes. You always want to use ph balanced water with clones. Even when germinating seeds.
Remember to mist them often with ph'd water also. This helps them absorb water while they are trying to root.

This is just my opinion. To be honest with you I'm not the best clone grower yet. I've rooted quite a few, but they usually start their first couple weeks looking pretty bad, lol.

Good luck Rev! :goodluck:

if your using an aero cloner 5.0 to 5.5 ph is the best.. 5.8 in hydro for veg and bloom and 6.3 in soil for veg and bloom.

You drop the ph or the water cause even tap water has some organic compounds in them even if only 100per million. More then enough for clones and seedlings for the first week or two. With dwc you want you Lyly to be between 5.5-6.5 cause at that ph range nitrogen and other key nutrients are the most easily abosorbed by the roots.

I clone in a mini bubbler (drip aerogarden pro 200 with a bubbler added) not an aero unit. I keep my ph at 6.0 during clone rooting and it works great.

WillyB

Back
Top Bottom